AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (Ken.C, CV), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13330 Members
11 Forums
22922 Topics
405262 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17791
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13341
CV 11239
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

Four days to get in on the action!

☺ Wow - our 13,000 likes! Awesome! #thankful

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by CV @ 14 minutes 27 seconds ago

I was going to use the code to get a pair of M22s for myself, as a first step toward more direct-radiating speakers for Dolby Atmos, but I was talking to an online friend, and she's been wanting some decent speakers for a long time. She's only recent
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered 60HP sould I have gone with 80's? by fredk @ 28 minutes 49 seconds ago

Awesome! Looking forward to your impressions once you have them set up at home.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered 60HP sould I have gone with 80's? by kah68 @ Today at 07:48 PM

Picked up my 80 H.P.'s today, did a listening test between the these and the 100's and I actually preferred the 80.H.P. The 100's had a bit deeper bass but the 80's sounded clearer in the mid to highs. Met Deb, Andrew and Ian and took a tour of the f
Home Theater
Originally Posted By: nickbuol... All 4 were ready for delivery today... There's that awesome Axiom customer service again. How do they do that.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ Today at 07:11 PM

Short answer is both I don't know since I've never had a projector and as big as I can get. The number I come up with using various calculators is in the 100" diagonal range for a 9.5' viewing distance, but plenty of people posting on avs and o
Home Theater
So here I am... At the in-laws for the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday. one pair of the on-wall M3s shipped this past Monday and seem to have gotten hung up in Memphis, TN. The other pair shipped Wednesday. All 4 were ready for delivery today. Since I
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by Eno @ Today at 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: michael_dUnless I got a different email than everyone else, the gift card requires a purchase of two grand or more. I got my email on 11/19. And I just used it to purchase a pair of QS4s!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by brwsaw @ Today at 03:12 PM

What screen size are you hoping for?
The Water Cooler
South Park: The Stick of Truth It was finally low enough in price on Steam for me to take the plunge. Enjoying it so far! They didn't half-ass it at all, definitely authentic South Park.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ Today at 02:18 PM

Catching up on Key & Peele. I didn't realize until today that the current season's episodes are on Hulu. Also started the second season of The Newsroom. Oh, and finally watched my copy of Gravity since my parents wanted to watch something and p
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ Today at 12:54 PM

Not tab tensioned, and not in Canada unfortunately. A budget fixed screen in the sizes I'm looking at would run me $300 to $400. Tab tensioned would be close to $800. Magical things happen to pricing once you cross the 49th parallel... Two of tho
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by brwsaw @ Today at 11:30 AM

I know you've probably thought about it already but just in case...you can get a pull down projection screen for about the same cost as 2 room dividers.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Black centers on a V2? by newf @ Today at 10:18 AM

thanks guys. I was more curious then anything else.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Today at 07:14 AM

I'll see what I can do about sliding the side surrounds forward a bit. I dont have too much wall to work with there. I also have the ability to add 1/2" ply around the box to give mounting flexibility once I see how much real estate the door t
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ Today at 02:05 AM

Hmm, or maybe some of these: Where is Mr. interior decorator guy when you need him?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ Today at 12:14 AM

This website is cool! I've been looking through all the different screens. [url=http://www.orientalfurniture.com/roomdividers.html][/url]
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ Yesterday at 11:37 PM

One of the things I would really like to do with this change is to get away from the mancave look. I've been pondering how one might diguise a screen when not in use and I think I may have found my answer. This one is 6' by 6'. Not quite enoug
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

Some other thoughts. "Side" surrounds are OK where you have them, but unless the seats recline, you might want to slide them closer to be more 90 degrees (in line with) compared with the actual listeners ears. Like I said, it is still wit
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by Jungle @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

You got the Black Friday email for 20% off $2000 or 25% off $6000. They issues on a few weeks ago for $250 off $500 or more. You can go to the Axiom Facebook page and ask to have the card emailed to you but you will have only a few days to use it.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

I am not sure the in ceiling M3s are right for ATMOS in my setup. I'd love to download a manual. Are the tweeters aimable? I will be looking at options with tiltable woofers and tweeters. The speakercraft aim line is of interest so far. I have t
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

I wish I could jump on the Atmos bandwagon now but it'll have to wait. Placing them in line with the mains (slightly narrower as per Grimani and your current layout) should work perfectly. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the inceiling M3's

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.