AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (a401classic), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13326 Members
11 Forums
22918 Topics
405131 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13339
CV 11235
MarkSJohnson 10938
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

Mike, I suggest you look at some reviews for the Asus Transformer lineup. I don't have hands on experience, but the Transformer pads consistently get very positive reviews (from what I've seen).
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by fredk @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

You should probably look at an MS surface pro. Advantages: 1. serious processor (i5, i7) 2. 12" screen, that's about as big as you get on a tablet thingy 3. dual use with removable keyboard. In general, I don't think tablets have enough horsep
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: This guy can drive..... by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

What an excellent job by the LAPD. Ken Block needs to make one of these videos a day. It'll drastically reduce the number of shootings of unarmed black men. Originally Posted By: nickbuolI wonder how much they had to pay the LAPD and the city for
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by CV @ Yesterday at 09:54 PM

I wish I had some advice, but my experience has been pretty limited so far. I'm just hoping to hear from someone who has some hands-on with the Surface Pro 3. It looks pretty slick, but it would be hard for me to justify the price, since I still do m
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowComes in white. Built to length. Kina spendy. They claim 1080p over 120' no signal loss. Blue jeans cable BJC Belden Series-1 Bonded-Pair HDMI Cable I am looking into these for 2 runs downstairs. I need about
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Axiom subwoofer in active monitor setup by difeng @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

I'm thinking about an Axiom subwoofer, but I'm not sure about how to make one work in my setup. My audio out is an Apogee Duet, and my speakers are active monitors Adam A7. The Duet is stereo out only, and the Adam monitors are audio in only. My gu
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 03:08 PM

Comes in white. Built to length. Kina spendy. They claim 1080p over 120' no signal loss. Blue jeans cable BJC Belden Series-1 Bonded-Pair HDMI Cable I am looking into these for 2 runs downstairs. I need about 25' or so.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60 v3 vs. V4 by fredk @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

Spend that money on an EP800 instead. I can't believe you forgot to slip that in at the end of your post Michael.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: This guy can drive..... by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 02:36 PM

Incredible.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60 v3 vs. V4 by MarkyM @ Yesterday at 02:24 PM

Thank you very much michael_d.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 02:21 PM

Michael, they have the 103 with and without Darbee, and the 105 with and without Darbee. The 105 is the "audiophile" model.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by michael_d @ Yesterday at 02:05 PM

When tablets came out, I didn't really get why people liked them. Never even entered my mind to get one... Then I started seeing some benefits. They appear to be pretty damn handy for travel, a quick internet search that does not involve squinting a
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60 v3 vs. V4 by michael_d @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

I moved from M60v3's to M80v4's. I also have some older M80TI's. The biggest difference I can tell between the v3 and v4 high frequency, is the v4's seem a bit smoother overall. It's not really fair comparing the mid range and lower, as the M80 doe
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by michael_d @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

I have not been keeping up with the Oppo's. I have a 83 and a 93. I've been thinking about getting another one. Which model number is the preferred one with Darby?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: This guy can drive..... by michael_d @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

What I find unique about this video, is you see a highly modified 65 mustang, with a drive train that's converted to AWD. It's basically a rally car set up, but instead of dirt roads, he's doing this on asphalt.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60 v3 vs. V4 by BBIBH @ Yesterday at 01:34 PM

There is/was information in spades on the V4 changes. Try searching and see what you find - unless you already have! LOL
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60 v3 vs. V4 by MarkyM @ Yesterday at 12:58 PM

Thank you so much Alan for responding. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were retired from Axiom. I hope you are enjoying your retirement! Not to worry, I love my M60's and what I'm hearing is very subtle and only on some material. It's that great ac
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60 v3 vs. V4 by alan @ Yesterday at 11:25 AM

Hi Mark, I spotted my name in your query so, although I'm retired from Axiom, I thought I'd mention a couple of factors. I don't believe I ever did listening tests of the M60 v4. If memory serves, I think the last version I heard was the v3. In p
Stereo
Jump to new posts M60 v3 vs. V4 by MarkyM @ Yesterday at 09:01 AM

Hi, I can trade-up my M60 v3's (from 2010) to v4's for a fairly reasonable (but far from trivial) price. I have searched but can't really find a definitive answer regarding the changes in the sound between them. I know they have the new tweeter bu
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: This guy can drive..... by fredk @ Yesterday at 07:27 AM

The guy's control of the car is impressive. Two questions popped into my mind. How many takes did the hotdog cart bit take or does he really have that much control over his car? How many tyres did he go through to make that cip?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 01:47 AM

Slippery slope...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Socketman @ Yesterday at 12:18 AM

Fred, I don't have any long runs of HDMI but I am using the redmere cables from monoprice. They are nice and thin and flexible and work well. The longest I have used is 15ft and it works fine. I know they have more goodlier ones than what I use but i
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: This guy can drive..... by pmbuko @ 11/21/14 09:46 PM

The best part of that was the O.J. cameo.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Rick's Birthday by onn @ 11/21/14 09:14 PM

Happy Birthday Rick
Home Theater
I know what I *should* do, and that is replace the QS8S and sell them and my VP150 on ebay to cover the cost of the four on wall M3s. I had two of the "special email coupons" thanks to a friend that just bought Axioms last year. I also ha
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.