AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
3 registered (dakkon, bridgman, MarkSJohnson), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22875 Topics
404230 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11194
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Today at 09:41 AM

The renders look nice. You mentioned the rope lighting around the room. Honestly, it pretty much never gets used anyway. As for Atmos and the "Dolby market share" at home, with most studios going with DTS-HD Master Audio, I agree. H
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Boomzilla @ Today at 06:43 AM

Hi exlabdriver - Today's tube equipment is deliberately designed to have less "tube sound" than did products of old. Therefore, differences ARE more subtle - typically a bit more soundstage width/depth and a touch of "lushness"
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: On-wall speakers for large room by Philippos @ Today at 03:53 AM

Ah, and what about combining M3s and M22s in the same room?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: On-wall speakers for large room by Philippos @ Today at 03:50 AM

Thank you both for the replies. Yes, listening distance will usually be around 3 meters, so the M3s will be an affordable solution. Do they also handle vocals well?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ Today at 01:34 AM

Looks good, very nice. Congrats Having your equipment outside the room lowers the noise floor.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by brwsaw @ Today at 01:25 AM

Maybe a mirror behind the LH speaker?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by bridgman @ Today at 01:21 AM

Curved Air's new album -- North Star. Current albums from 60s and 70s bands have generally seemed pretty tired to me, but this one is like they just picked up where they left off 40 years ago, with all the good bits intact. Kirby Gregory is back on g
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

... and yes, since that photo was taken I *did* move the electronics a few inches to the left so they would line up with the coffee table and the rockwool panel against the window. http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/I-HAVE-CD...INK-P13513.aspx
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: On-wall speakers for large room by bridgman @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

We're supposed to be metric here in Canada but I still think in feet so... 13 x 26 x 10 feet. Seems to me that 4 on-wall speakers (M3s or M22s, I would probably lean to M3s) should be fine for mostly-jazz listening (I'm interpreting that as *not* wal
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: On-wall speakers for large room by JohnK @ Yesterday at 10:48 PM

Philip, welcome to Axiom. Although the total volume of a listening room is of some significance, by far the most important factor is the distance of the listening position from the speakers. A room doesn't have to be "filled" with sound at
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by bridgman @ Yesterday at 08:53 PM

One more possible thing to consider -- I found that after treating first reflection points the system seemed to be more tolerant of less-good recordings. If you're oriented on the long wall then the side FRPs are probably OK but think about floor/c
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by bridgman @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

Those are great renders. I initially thought they were photographs, but I was struggling to identify the tower speakers in the first pic. For the two windows, could you make some kind of shutters with strong hinges and heavy material that did a good
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ Yesterday at 05:46 PM

Thanks, hope it helps someone, or at least serves as a warning to others. I've pretty much hit the limit of what I know how to do, unfortunately -- last thing was moving that stupid rockwool panel against the window from left to right trying to get s
Stereo
Jump to new posts On-wall speakers for large room by Philippos @ Yesterday at 04:34 PM

I am considering on-wall speaker options for a farm house living room, 4x8x3,5 meters dimension. There is no loft, you can see the wooden structure of the roof, so the volume of the room is larger than usual. Would 4 speakers connected to a Yamaha R-
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 03:58 PM

Gotta agree with Mark and Chess. This is a great thread for someone else searching for logic in the endless variables when it comes to system response, speaker character and room treatment. Good read and thorough explanations. Thumbs up!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 03:42 PM

Changes changes.... I'm now not "allowed" to fill in the basement theater room window openings as planned with cinder block. Married life comes with a price. I will still put a plug into the window behind the screen wall. The others wi
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 10:07 AM

I think that Murph hit the nail on the head. I had the M80 speakers and found them deliciously smooth with some of my tracks but sounding rather hollow and missing with others. I had to with some music crank up the bass to +6 to get it closer to so
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by bridgman @ Yesterday at 09:08 AM

The crossover changes are the most important IMO -- if I had your system I would listen to music without the subs and start with an 80 Hz crossover & Small setting for movies. Next, if you haven't done so already it would be good to experiment
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Pre-amps, Integrated Amps, Integrated Zone Amp by wschwartz @ Yesterday at 06:46 AM

That's really great. Hoping my DSP/amp/preamp on order with LFR's will have that user-upgrade capability.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by JohnK @ Yesterday at 03:00 AM

Yes, as other replies have pointed out, at least part of the excessive bass heaviness which you're experiencing may be due to possibly having the M100s and the sub "doubling" the bass. If you have the M100s set "Large", the crosso
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Pre-amps, Integrated Amps, Integrated Zone Amp by Philippe @ Yesterday at 12:42 AM

Looking forward for the integrated amplifier specs, retail, and shape
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M3 or M22 for small bar? by brwsaw @ 09/19/14 11:54 PM

See...?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by brwsaw @ 09/19/14 11:52 PM

At the risk of coming across the wrong way, if I had the M100's I wouldn't be using subs (most of the time).
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by Stilljoe @ 09/19/14 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Smom100sI cant pull them out more, wife will get upset. Due to the way my room is set up the m100s are on the long wall. M100s are set to large 40/60 xover depending on source. Settimg them on small with what xover? This woul
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M3 or M22 for small bar? by chesseroo @ 09/19/14 10:57 PM

Similar to above: M2s or M22s with sub. Otherwise, M3s. Or if you like extra bass, M3s AND a sub! Buy good mounts and good screws and if in doubt, put them into a stud and you won't have any issue. In the least use wall plugs if going into drywall.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.