Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
4 registered (pmbuko, brwsaw, St_PatGuy, Ken.C), 112 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12673 Members
11 Forums
22680 Topics
400414 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17695
pmbuko 16221
SirQuack 13311
CV 11054
MarkSJohnson 10670
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Expert's Corner by Ken.C @ 04/12/14 01:34 PM

But you still read it, right?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Expert's Corner by MarkSJohnson @ 04/12/14 01:34 PM

I stopped hearing everything after you complimented my equipment.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Oh my gosh, SHUT UP ALREADY! by Ken.C @ 04/12/14 01:24 PM

Ring around the rosy Pocket full of posies Ashes, ashes We all fail the internet.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by brwsaw @ 04/12/14 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsawAVGuy, If you're willing... I am curious to know, when measuring from the MLP 11' away, at what SPL do I run out of headroom/amp? In my 7.1 screen room I have 3 V3 M80HP's with V4 tweeters. They are powered by an axiom a
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Sub acting weird by brwsaw @ 04/12/14 12:41 PM

The HP's really sound good on their own. I'll need subs for my boom heavy movies but for everything else I already enjoying them without subs.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by exlabdriver @ 04/12/14 12:39 PM

Well, that says it all... TAM
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP400 vs. EP500: really a big diff? by exlabdriver @ 04/12/14 12:37 PM

I was contemplating the same thing a couple of years ago. For audio only, I have ended up with 2 X M2s plus 2 X EP-400s. This little system is stunningly musical that brings me more pleasure than any gear that I've owned in my 40 year journey thr
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by Spoiler @ 04/12/14 12:28 PM

Quote:I see so I should shut up because you don't like to discuss A/V Fundamentals and I started this Thread for this very purpose. Once again you troll & bully your way around this thread and have yet to add anything meaningful to the conversat
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Expert's Corner by BobKay @ 04/12/14 12:11 PM

I forgot, you all have exactly one week to shop for Mark's birthday. He's already over 50, so the # will never matter again.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Expert's Corner by BobKay @ 04/12/14 12:10 PM

Mark, I think there are already LOTS of people who consider you an expert at what you do. (I know, however, that you are merely a charlatan with tons of very expensive equipment.)
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Oh my gosh, SHUT UP ALREADY! by nickbuol @ 04/12/14 12:08 PM

Problem with the ignore is that while it hides their posts, just reading other people's responses is indicative of how much of a tool people on the ignore list can be. Either that, or you all fail and didn't follow directions by posting in this thre
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Expert's Corner by MarkSJohnson @ 04/12/14 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By: BobKayMost real experts on anything do NOT consider themselves as such, as they know there will always be someone else who knows more, well, at least until their mentors are dead. So, I should be killing them off to speed up the
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Oh my gosh, SHUT UP ALREADY! by Ken.C @ 04/12/14 11:09 AM

Serenity's got a point.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Expert's Corner by BobKay @ 04/12/14 10:53 AM

Tam: There IS a reason! Serenity is the former Hellcommute, only now w/o the commute and a new place to live. He has a new URL and therefore could sign up as a totally new person. He didn't change his avatar as a clue. He has always been a cool guy.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Oh my gosh, SHUT UP ALREADY! by Serenity_Now @ 04/12/14 10:44 AM

At least activity has picked up here. Trying to be positive. Its hard.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 04/12/14 10:42 AM

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Admittedly, I am going a little OCD with the planning. I went through so many iterations in my last space that I lost track. Learned a lot from it and now I'm ready to create a proper space for the fam that looks
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Expert's Corner by Serenity_Now @ 04/12/14 10:34 AM

Formerly Hellcommute. My hell days are over.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP400 vs. EP500: really a big diff? by Serenity_Now @ 04/12/14 10:29 AM

That is a pretty big space. A single sealed will struggle to pressurize it to a tactile level if that is what you are after. But if just to fill out a music track, it would be very pleasant. Ported subs have more output within their specified rang
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Sub acting weird by Serenity_Now @ 04/12/14 10:21 AM

Ha! Sometimes easy is best.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by J. B. @ 04/12/14 10:10 AM

on April 7th. last i sent the "teacher" this PM to which i still have no answer and see no change in behavior even after 5 days: "i would like to suggest the idea that diplomacy can go a very long way. have a good day! :-)"
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Oh my gosh, SHUT UP ALREADY! by onn @ 04/12/14 10:02 AM

that's why there's an ignore button. Think of it as using ear plugs.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by Ken.C @ 04/12/14 09:25 AM

Oh fine. ;-)
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by J. B. @ 04/12/14 09:05 AM

Ken.C, he's listed under the same username in AVS and many others.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by Ken.C @ 04/12/14 09:00 AM

Just don't forget, guys, you're wrong. And I'll damn we'll post whatever I want within the forum rules in any damned thread I want. I'm still pretty sure that this dude is one of our old buddies back under a different name. He knows all the butto
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts EP400 vs. EP500: really a big diff? by wschwartz @ 04/12/14 08:59 AM

I'm deciding between an EP400 and EP500 for a mostly-music system in my home. The room is about 410 sq feet with 8' ceilings, but everything is open in this home and the total area is about 1100 sq feet. I know Axiom says the EP400 is meant only f
Page 13 of 17 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.