AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (fredk, Jungle), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13330 Members
11 Forums
22921 Topics
405231 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17790
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13341
CV 11237
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 11/25/14 06:57 AM

I like your rack idea. I have to ceiling mount in this case because eventually we may do 2 rows of seating. Head shadows are the worry here. I have to get the projector closer to the future planned "bar stool row" behind the couch.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by exlabdriver @ 11/25/14 02:27 AM

Mrs Claus just authorized me to Trade Up my standard black finish M22v3s to High Gloss Rosewood V4s to go with my EP-800s. Axiom's generous Trade Up program makes it worthwhile. Now, how to spend my $250 Gift Certificate by the end of Nov, ha!...
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from vp100 on-wall to vp150 on-wall by exlabdriver @ 11/24/14 11:03 PM

In my haste to 'Submit' my post above, I forgot to mention that I fully agree that the 'mix' is often the culprit. One of the worst examples of this was the first 'Sherlock Holmes' from 2009 with Robert Downey Jr & Jude Law. It was universally
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 11/24/14 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsawDon't forget the pictures No worries. I'm still ordering stuff. and cleaing up so it will be a few weeks yet.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ 11/24/14 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Hellcommutewithout resorting to a wall shelf mount situation, what is the best option to eliminate vibration short of major structural stuff Carpet (thicker) upstairs? Rubber between the mounts and floor joist along with rubber
Advice from Axiom Owners
The problem likely arises from the fact that in many movies the dialog is mixed too low to be clearly audible during scenes when there's also other audio content being played. At least a partial remedy is to set the center channel level(not the overa
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by brwsaw @ 11/24/14 09:40 PM

Don't forget the pictures
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 11/24/14 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsawYou might want to wait until you've projected an image before you install the mount. Keep in mind the height of the screen will be the limiting factor, if you don't want your center channel in the image. Just saw your p
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by Jungle @ 11/24/14 09:22 PM

Just used the $250 Christmas credit I received from Axiom. Turns out it is actually $250 USD so I saved even more on my EP175 Subwoofer. I just got sold my JBL NL150, so I am currently subwooferless and have to wait 10+ days for the EP175 to arrive
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from vp100 on-wall to vp150 on-wall by exlabdriver @ 11/24/14 07:49 PM

I originally used a VP100 that was not ideally placed - on a shelf that was only a couple of inches off the floor & tilted upwards towards the listening area. My Audyssey 'heard' it at 80 Hz. I never felt that the VP100 was particularly defic
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by fredk @ 11/24/14 06:36 PM

Ah, the advantages of a concrete ceiling and having nothing but roof above me. If anything is stomping around on my roof hard enough to rattle the projector, I gots bigger problems. Your room is coming together nicely!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Rick's Birthday by Wid @ 11/24/14 06:14 PM

Thanks again fellas.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Hellcommute @ 11/24/14 06:10 PM

temp post as former self. keyboard is broken and underscore wont work. this will be an all lower case post. no shift key function.... i am at the point of starting to pin down all the technical aspects that make a theater a theater. lighting
Advice from Axiom Owners
With all my setups, I find I always have to run the center channel just a bit higher then what audyssey suggest.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from vp100 on-wall to vp150 on-wall by Stsalomon90 @ 11/24/14 04:21 PM

My only complaint is that when watching blu rays it seems like the dialog has some trouble coming through. It's that phenomenon where you feel like you have to turn things up to hear dialog and down for the louder parts of the movie. Almost like the
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom subwoofer in active monitor setup by Serenity_Now @ 11/24/14 03:15 PM

Did axiom design a new amp plate yet with a better input scheme yet? The pics of the new EP500 are a mix of new and old. I can't tell.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by Murph @ 11/24/14 03:15 PM

I'm trapped on a super boring call so I'm spending way too much thought time on this, but hopefully it's useful. Once you get yourself a new device, you should try loading Linux on the old PC. Even with just a Celeron CPU, there are versions of Lin
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by Murph @ 11/24/14 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: Murph Other considerations. I have nozero tolerance for laggy netbooks and I think thier day is done anyways, so I didn't include them. I put most tablets into this category, but have no recent exper
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom subwoofer in active monitor setup by bridgman @ 11/24/14 02:28 PM

I suspect we're all staring at the Apogee Duet specs figuring there's probably some clever way to make the second set of audio outputs (headphone jack I guess) output a mix of the two channels and hoping someone else actually knows the answer. In th
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by fredk @ 11/24/14 01:46 PM

Michael, what about a usb hub to get you more usb ports? I've never used one, so I don't know what the downsides are though. Edit: Hmm, still gotta add the keyboard and a docking station for an additional $350 to turn the surface pro into a hybrid,
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by fredk @ 11/24/14 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Murph Other considerations. I have nozero tolerance for laggy netbooks and I think thier day is done anyways, so I didn't include them. I put most tablets into this category, but have no recent experience with them. Has this
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M60 v3 vs. V4 by newf @ 11/24/14 01:27 PM

I had no idea you retired Alan. I hope you are enjoying it.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered 60HP sould I have gone with 80's? by fredk @ 11/24/14 01:23 PM

You'll be very happy with your purchase.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Funny you should bring this up as I'm upgrading my living room setup from Polk satellites to Axiom's. I have the on wall m22's, and looking at m2 on walls for surrounds. This is not my main large setup and the room is only 12x14. So looking at the
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet/laptop/3 in 1 thingies..... by Murph @ 11/24/14 12:53 PM

Actually, the Nexus tablets have usable USB ports. The MS Surface have them as well. I agree with Mike on most everything except maybe " the cost of fully outfitted tablet equals a solid ultrabook for Total Cost of Ownership". I'd be cur
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.