AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
3 registered (Socketman, exlabdriver, eman), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13349 Members
11 Forums
22998 Topics
406771 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17819
pmbuko 16306
SirQuack 13351
CV 11322
MarkSJohnson 11008
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by MarkSJohnson @ 01/28/15 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverMy daughter got me a lovely pair of Guinness Beer Glasses like that for Christmas. Empty or full? Just gauging her love for you!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by brwsaw @ 01/28/15 05:44 PM

Reclaimed wood would get my first vote. More character, better wood, etc.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ 01/28/15 05:37 PM

You forgot the
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/28/15 03:21 PM

SNOW DAY across the Island! Ok, coffee is over I guess. Back to work. Doors are well on their way. I didn't have much to go off of plans wise so I made one up based on all I've read and learned so far. These will set up overnight and I can fill
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by exlabdriver @ 01/28/15 03:10 PM

My daughter got me a lovely pair of Guinness Beer Glasses like that for Christmas. Classy & cool looking... TAM
The Water Cooler
I know! Why not a nicely cut and polished chunk of the Burgess Shale? The brag factor would be huge. (I'll bet it'd look pretty cool, too!) All kidding aside, Chess, if you've written on climate change, is it published somewhere we can access it? I
The Water Cooler
Chess, I'm telling ya, sealing is not what is seams to be. It's mostly snake oil. And no, mine has no stains, and it isn't because the rock is dark. There is plenty of silver in it. Here's a couple pics....
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/28/15 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolYeah, unless you have a multi-thousand dollar hole in your pocket. I have been VERY excited about Atmos since experiencing it at CEDIA, but I don't have the extra bank roll for that with the current generation 1 product
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by CV @ 01/28/15 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: fredkCV, I believe the price is unfinished. I'm not surprised at the price. We've cut down most of the worlds large trees. What's left is very dear. Oh, yes, I glossed over that. I'll be in the budget section of the lumber
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by fredk @ 01/28/15 02:54 AM

Nick. Just let us know when your Atmos setup is done so we can come over and party. Mark's bringing the booze.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by fredk @ 01/28/15 02:50 AM

CV, I believe the price is unfinished. I'm not surprised at the price. We've cut down most of the worlds large trees. What's left is very dear.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by CV @ 01/28/15 02:26 AM

I'd love some pretty wood shelves as opposed to the melamine ones I bought for my media storage for $11.something apiece, but I decided to be thrifty and lazy. I'd love to swap out what I've done with something nicer down the road, though, but yeah,
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 01/28/15 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: brwsawThanks. About what I have now behind mine. Thought I'd ask. I'd love to have 6' more (50% more) width. Next time. It's always a pile of compromises, isn't it? I sacrificed space in the bedroom for more space out in this
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Massachusetts is closed by brwsaw @ 01/28/15 12:32 AM

Forgive me for saying it but the extra snow the U.S. has seen in the last few years didn't fall here, we've had 3 mild winters in a row. It still drops to ~ -45c now and again but the big week long dumps have pretty much stopped. Please keep it, tag
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by brwsaw @ 01/28/15 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: CVOriginally Posted By: brwsawI missed it....how wide is the room? And.... How far off the back wall are your towers? Slightly over 18' wide. There are 23" between the wall and the very back corner of the speaker. Than
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by brwsaw @ 01/28/15 12:16 AM

I'd consider laminating and staining my own before spending that much on a slab. It does look nice but so does the wad of $50's is robbing from you.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ 01/28/15 12:12 AM

I was looking at entry level 5.1.4 Atmos units. Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2-Ch Dolby Atmos Ready Network A/V Receiver w/ HDMI 2.0 Same receiver, $200 more in Canada. I assume the outputs are assignable to in ceiling positions. There are cheaper 5.1.2 uni
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by exlabdriver @ 01/27/15 11:39 PM

A good torture test of staining is 'pickled beet juice' or any berry juice. We've had both on the quartz for some period & they have never left a mark. One day I saw a sizeable dry blue mark & determined that it came from the dye of a blue
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 01/27/15 11:04 PM

Yeah, unless you have a multi-thousand dollar hole in your pocket. I have been VERY excited about Atmos since experiencing it at CEDIA, but I don't have the extra bank roll for that with the current generation 1 products.
The Water Cooler
Incidentally, i have been looking at the stone sealants and some are based on alkylalkoxysilanes (carbon-silicon compounds). This type of research actually supports the concept of sealants as beneficial in reducing liquid penetration on a stone surfa
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: nickbuol Both are great products. My parents have granite, my in-laws have granite, heck, we would probably go granite if given the choice, but we would have to be a little more diligent with letting the cleaner soak in long en
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/27/15 08:30 PM

In the realm of audio, and the construction of an altar to exalt that audio experience, the price is not the cost of doing immersive, but not doing it.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by spiffnme @ 01/27/15 08:10 PM

I may just have to suck it up then. This might be too beautiful to say no to. http://shophouseofhardwood.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/custom-hardwood-tabletops.jpg
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 01/27/15 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken.CNamely, don't ask Nick for advice on how to spend money! Yup. Atmos (and Auro, and DTS:X) are all things that can easily run a few thousand dollars ON TOP of a nice 5.1 or 7.1 setup right now. The prices will go down
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 01/27/15 07:48 PM

doh!
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.