Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
2 registered (wilwom, tomtuttle), 115 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12787 Members
11 Forums
22691 Topics
400651 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17698
pmbuko 16227
SirQuack 13311
CV 11064
MarkSJohnson 10694
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp160 - Vp180 vs the HP versions by casey01 @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: JBGHas anyone own or done a comparison of the centers? Back last year, I traded in my VP160 for a VP180 essentially for aesthetics because I already had the M80s in the custom piano black and wanted the VP180 in the same fin
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp160 - Vp180 vs the HP versions by JBG @ Yesterday at 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: michael_dI thought the hp drivers just allowed more power for increased volume levels. Is there an actual difference in sound? A/B them and yes there is a tad difference.. more linear, able to handle power more effortless, an
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp160 - Vp180 vs the HP versions by michael_d @ Yesterday at 01:30 PM

I thought the hp drivers just allowed more power for increased volume levels. Is there an actual difference in sound?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Did you see the sweet deals on the M100s refurb by Socketman @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

they are gone , as in not even listed. perhaps ian moved them elsewhere.
Stereo
Wow they are already gone.. that was quick, who ever picked them up are happy for sure, they were like 1/2 price for a speaker that just came out a couple months ago! what a deal!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: The 13 year loyalist by BobKay @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

[quote=fredk]Bob. Did medic8r fine tune your meds in the last day or two? You're really on a roll. [/quote No. I've been O.D.'ing on all of them for two weeks now! I should have done this years ago. Everything and everyone looks, oh, I don't know,
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: MurphConsidering recent conversations was "sealed the deal" an intentional pun? As in Sealed vs Ported? Nah. Just a coincidence.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Murph @ Yesterday at 08:24 AM

Considering recent conversations was "sealed the deal" an intentional pun?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: outlet strips by Murph @ Yesterday at 08:18 AM

When we built, we found several options for low-profile raceways supplied from the friendly cabinet shop who did our kitchen. The ones they used could be cut to length and recapped at the ends to fit wherever. We went with the stainless ones for ab
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by Murph @ Yesterday at 07:50 AM

A method I recommend to more forgetful people is to create two small random strings and then insert a word associate with the web page or service. This way they only have one cryptic part to remember and the middle they can easily remember per site.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Did you see the sweet deals on the M100s refurb by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 07:33 AM

I was just joking. My old M60Tis will serve me fine until I'm in a different room!
Stereo
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonBefore you do, let me check with my accountant. I say Mark go for it.. you will never find these babies at this price.. only thing try to get the tweeters replaced for the new version tweeters if you can!
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Did you see the sweet deals on the M100s refurb by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 07:14 AM

Before you do, let me check with my accountant. Ah, go ahead and check with Steve. ::runs away sighing::
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Most awesome mimic bird. by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 07:12 AM

Is that legit? If so, it's amazing. I kept waiting for it to go in the direction of this one.
Stereo
These are actually just factory B stock. We really need to get that section of the Refurb Store set up. They are priced as trade-in and with a trade-in warranty, but they really should be sold as B stock with the 5-year warranty and priced about 10
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Power Requirements for EP500 V3 by Socketman @ Yesterday at 01:31 AM

Old house but has new panels (square D ) for up and down. 2 bedrooms are the same breaker , I have had to run a extension cord down the hall since both rooms have plasma's and computers etc and often blew the breaker. The main living room hasn't blow
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Power Requirements for EP500 V3 by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 12:29 AM

Well designed subs, amps etc that use current limiting methods in the cap filter circuit will limit inrush to a level below nuisance tripping. A precharge resistor or current relay are examples. Tripping the breaker is not the only issue. What kin
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: The 13 year loyalist by fredk @ Yesterday at 12:17 AM

Bob. Did medic8r fine tune your meds in the last day or two? You're really on a roll.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Most awesome mimic bird. by fredk @ Yesterday at 12:10 AM

The last one is the best
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by fredk @ Yesterday at 12:05 AM

Boring. I was expecting some fanch schmancy attempt by Mark at social engineering to prize our forum passwords from us.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone move to LED bulbs? by pmbuko @ 04/21/14 11:38 PM

You just gave me green balls.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp160 - Vp180 vs the HP versions by JBG @ 04/21/14 09:50 PM

I had the Vp180 v3 see pic here
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom Subwoofers: Survey and Next Generation by AudioguyBurl @ 04/21/14 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: AudioguyBurlAndrew, A few easy questions: 1) Ball park... when will the next generation of subs be available (V4 I'm assuming)? 2) What are the basic improvements? 3)Will there be a trade-in (or upgrade) program for us V3 owne
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts outlet strips by a401classic @ 04/21/14 09:32 PM

Wow! I disappear for a while to do a kitchen remodel and it looks like I missed a bunch of stuff... Ian has to make a new forum rule, for instance. Wow. So on to my question.. We are going to put in under cabinet lighting and I handsome very low p
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by BlueJays1 @ 04/21/14 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKayOriginally Posted By: tomtuttlePost deleted. Sorry. Tom, by his own admission, he is a Bombayed, gin-blossomed, porch monkey with a gun. Careful. Next time, a simple "Post Deleted" may not save you. Porch
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.