AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 107 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22875 Topics
404259 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11194
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
What's New At Axiom
Looking forward for the integrated amplifier specs, retail, and shape
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M3 or M22 for small bar? by brwsaw @ 09/19/14 11:54 PM

See...?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by brwsaw @ 09/19/14 11:52 PM

At the risk of coming across the wrong way, if I had the M100's I wouldn't be using subs (most of the time).
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by Stilljoe @ 09/19/14 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Smom100sI cant pull them out more, wife will get upset. Due to the way my room is set up the m100s are on the long wall. M100s are set to large 40/60 xover depending on source. Settimg them on small with what xover? This woul
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M3 or M22 for small bar? by chesseroo @ 09/19/14 10:57 PM

Similar to above: M2s or M22s with sub. Otherwise, M3s. Or if you like extra bass, M3s AND a sub! Buy good mounts and good screws and if in doubt, put them into a stud and you won't have any issue. In the least use wall plugs if going into drywall.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M3 or M22 for small bar? by JohnK @ 09/19/14 09:59 PM

Steve, the M22s actually have a small edge in bass extension over the M3s(the enclosure is tuned a few Hz lower), but the M3s give an impression of more bass because of a hump in response in the mid/upper bass, as Murph described. My preference is th
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by chesseroo @ 09/19/14 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonJohn, there's nothing meaningful I can add to your thread but wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading about your journey. I have to agree. I can't say much about John's journey here, but reading this inner monol
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps by RobStewart @ 09/19/14 07:21 PM

These look nice! Though, I am partial to the aluminum myself. I have the ADA-1000 (love it!) and the aluminum front plate. I was glad to read elsewhere that aluminum will continue to be available for those that want it.
What's New At Axiom
Bridgman, the concept would be to be able to use the web ui or the app, not simply one.
What's New At Axiom
Here is a picture of an ZA-1000-8 in natural cherry wood.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by CatBrat @ 09/19/14 04:25 PM

I think we've had too much coffee.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by Nachosgrande @ 09/19/14 04:07 PM

Last night saw the new incarnation of the mighty King Crimson, at Best Buy Theater in NYC. Complete with three front line drummers, Mel Collins, Tony Levin, Jakko Jakszyk and Mr Fripp. Lots of material from the early-mid 70's, songs which haven't b
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M3 or M22 for small bar? by bridgman @ 09/19/14 03:28 PM

If you have a sub and aren't planning on playing really loudly then M2s would also be really good.
What's New At Axiom
Originally Posted By: BBIBHAgree on the dedicated app, much simpler for phones and tablets. ... but a Big Honkin' Pain for someone on a PC, unless they're running Android-x86.
What's New At Axiom
The plan is to have the AxiomPlay module available as a user retrofit. It will likely be a small panel on the front that is removed and the AxiomPlay inserted.
What's New At Axiom
Agree on the dedicated app, much simpler for phones and tablets.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by brwsaw @ 09/19/14 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Smom100sQuick update: Im starting to get mixed feelings about these speakers. Sometimes they sound great and other times I get disgusted. Listened to cds Ive enjoyed for years now sound like ****. The m100s are extremely sensi
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by CatBrat @ 09/19/14 09:53 AM

I started buying some cd's from a discount store (new/used), and it seems almost all of the ones I buy there are poorly recorded. They must be selling mostly boot leg copies. Probably not be going back there.
What's New At Axiom
Would this have an IR receiver on the front, so that traditional all-in-one programmable remotes would work with it also?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by Murph @ 09/19/14 08:49 AM

I admit I didn't re-read this thread all the way back up so this may have been stated earlier but you may just be suffering from what oh so many of us have discovered when you switch to a high quality speaker. You described the M100s as having more
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M3 or M22 for small bar? by Murph @ 09/19/14 08:23 AM

I don't own either but if you take a look at the frequency graphs between the M3 and the M22 then it is a Yes and No answer. The M3 has a bump that carries well down after the apx. 150 Hz range but after 70Hz it starts a much deeper nose dive. What
What's New At Axiom
Ian, have you considered using dedicated apps instead of a web interface? That usually creates a far better user experience. iOS and Android apps would cover the vast majority of smartphones. Also, do you know yet if AxiomPlay will be retrofittable
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by Murph @ 09/19/14 07:50 AM

A good reason to invest in a tablet with Gorilla Glass.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by CV @ 09/19/14 12:55 AM

Yes, set to small. Large means it's sending the full signal, and small is what you want for it to utilize the crossover.
Stereo
Jump to new posts M3 or M22 for small bar? by newf @ 09/18/14 10:34 PM

Trying to get some speakers for our small bar room. 12x19'x8'H, hardwood, lots of pine on walls. Mostly top 40 and rock music. Thinking of m3 or m22 since I need to mount them near ceiling. Will eventually get sub for room. Which one is better
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.