AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (Gary Vose Sr, Ken.C), 58 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22876 Topics
404358 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17775
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11200
MarkSJohnson 10886
Meanwhile On Facebook

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by Murph @ 09/25/14 08:24 AM

Sadly, we can't buy liquor in our supermarkets. If we could, I'd make a point of sneaking bottles into thier piles so the clerk would have to loudly exclaim "I'm sorry Mam, but your 7 mini-bottles of Jack Daniels puts you over the 20 item limit
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by MarkSJohnson @ 09/25/14 08:18 AM

BTW, you knew that I meant that they were concerned about their girlish figures, right?
The Water Cooler
Our race has fallen. Resistance WAS futile.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Once again..7-8 passenger vehicle recommendations? by MarkSJohnson @ 09/25/14 08:13 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ::Raises fist to sky::
The Water Cooler
Sorry, dude, cut my hair a year ago.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by MarkSJohnson @ 09/25/14 08:02 AM

Murph, they just don't want the checkout girl thinking the 96-pack of Magnums are for her. Can't fault them, really.
The Water Cooler
But unlike many of us, he has yet to cut his long hair. So I prefer to be an optimist and believe he is still living the dream.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Once again..7-8 passenger vehicle recommendations? by MarkSJohnson @ 09/25/14 07:53 AM

Doesn't apply, Murph. Ken already has kids.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by Murph @ 09/25/14 07:51 AM

The game I like to play at the supermarket is is with those people that insist in putting the spacer bar between thier stuff and my stuff, no matter how much distance I leave between us. I'm always amazed at how paranoid some people get. Do they re
The Water Cooler
A van with mood lighting? That's just too easy. I'm gunna let you off the hook, but just this one time.
The Water Cooler
Well, this Ecoboost is the one intended to replace a V8, so the mileage is better than that would have, but it's still a 350HP engine with 350lb/ft of torque. So we get about 11/20. There is no V8 offered in the Flex. Still, this car has ALL the be
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Once again..7-8 passenger vehicle recommendations? by a401classic @ 09/25/14 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken.C... With the Ecoboost twin turbo V6. ... pretty bad gas mileage. I've got the Focus ST which is the ecoboost system on a few steroids. Mileage is fine if I keep my right foot out of it, but on boost it runs very rich a
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by MarkSJohnson @ 09/25/14 06:01 AM

It's the way Bob tells it.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by CV @ 09/25/14 02:04 AM

That story was four funnier than it should have been.
The Water Cooler
Your anaconda is happy with the angle of that shot.
The Water Cooler
15 mpg? Love the color.
The Water Cooler
Wow! Awesome! That's a great-looking rig. Ford has the best colors, IMO.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub and not sure I need one advice. by JohnK @ 09/24/14 09:39 PM

Sure, Allan; as others have pointed out, you're in control of the volume at which a sub is playing. The idea really should be that you don't notice the sub as a separate sound source, rather it's as if the speakers were putting out more bass on their
The Water Cooler
Welp, miracle of miracles, we did actually buy a car: It's a 2010 Ford Flex Limited in Dark Ink Blue Metallic. With the Ecoboost twin turbo V6. We really like it. Very comfortable, good performance and handling, pretty bad gas mileage. Holds 7
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 09/24/14 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: J. B.Bridgman, you said: "that's why the general recommendation is absorption on the back wall and diffusion on the front." i was surprised at reading this; i always did the diffusion on the back wall and the absorpti
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by BobKay @ 09/24/14 05:00 PM

I was just at the supermarket. I HAD only 19 items in my cart on my way to the 20-items-or-less register, but I passed Twizzlers and Mini P-nut Butter cups, and a coupla/three items more on my way, and, well, I ended up with 24 items. I let the man
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: This day in history - September 16th... by BobKay @ 09/24/14 04:43 PM

"I give up."--- Kyle Brozlofsky
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub and not sure I need one advice. by astewart @ 09/24/14 04:17 PM

That's helpful, I don't want the boom boom to drown out most of the other sound for my movies. If it enhances the experience that's what i'm looking for. I guess the difficult decision is that worth 1300 bucks for an EP500, hmmm. Thanks everyone..
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: This day in history - September 16th... by nickbuol @ 09/24/14 03:12 PM

Crap. You know, you are right. I should look up where I got the "this day in history" information at the top and give proper credit. There were 5 sites... www.thepeoplehistory.com www.infoplease.com/dayinhistory www.history.com/this-day-
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: This day in history - September 16th... by BobKay @ 09/24/14 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolThis day in history. 09/16/1387 - Birth of Henry V, king of England (1413-22) 09/16/1620 - Mayflower departs England 09/16/1630 - The village of Shawmut changed its name to Boston 09/16/1702 - Emperor Leopold I declares
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.