AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (brwsaw), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13315 Members
11 Forums
22873 Topics
404182 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11193
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts This day in history - September 16th... by nickbuol @ 09/16/14 01:04 AM

This day in history. 09/16/1387 - Birth of Henry V, king of England (1413-22) 09/16/1620 - Mayflower departs England 09/16/1630 - The village of Shawmut changed its name to Boston 09/16/1702 - Emperor Leopold I declares war on France, Cologne &
The Water Cooler
I am seriously liking the real sugar Pepsis right now. Vanilla and Cherry are my favorites. I have been drinking a LOT more water, but when I do have a "pop," these are what I prefer.
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: a401classicDeWalt has a construction grade ghetto blaster available. http://www.homedepot.ca/product/radio-charger/922430 Sounds good. Not only does it have up to 78% better sound, the first reviewer seems to have purchased i
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mission (not so) Impossible: Be louder than the... by a401classic @ 09/15/14 10:31 PM

no, apparently its one of the pill-shaped devices. That iHome box is about the size of a brick! Thanks everyone - keep the ideas coming.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mission (not so) Impossible: Be louder than the... by a401classic @ 09/15/14 10:28 PM

DeWalt has a construction grade ghetto blaster available. Apparently battery life is supreme - there are several options they can check out at brest buy and guitar center.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps by Stilljoe @ 09/15/14 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: pmbukoDid somebody request a photoshop? Here's what I think you're talking about: That's just what I was thinking of. Thanks! But now that I've seen it, I'm not convinced. this may be one of those ideas that sounded really g
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps by Philippe @ 09/15/14 06:35 PM

Very interested by the integrated amplifier. Any spec yet or release date yet ?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Sorry, Ian by BobKay @ 09/15/14 05:54 PM

OMG, here you are again, solo. Ya know, Ian, I'm starting to think you're having an affair with one of those 51 Guests, or worse, one of those Spiders!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New Camera by pmbuko @ 09/15/14 04:46 PM

Hey, look! Isn't that the Google StreetView chair?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 09/15/14 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: chesserooOriginally Posted By: nickbuol DD5.1 is compressed much like an .mp3 is compressed. Indeed Nick you have described a technical difference between the formats but i was questioning more the subjective term "high
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mission (not so) Impossible: Be louder than the... by Serenity_Now @ 09/15/14 02:57 PM

Was it one of these your boy saw? If so for 400$ he could crush it!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 09/15/14 02:47 PM

Chess, if you have an oppo you may be able to use the multichannel analog outputs into your avr. You can then use the oppo for HD audio decoding and your avr will basically become just an amplifier. You didnt mention which oppo you purchased, but
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by chesseroo @ 09/15/14 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphShould have used your inside voice, maybe. snicker. I couldn't resist but yes, you are right, i did actually scream that once myself so technically there were 3 occasions that night which Jim Cuddy heard people wanting hi
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by chesseroo @ 09/15/14 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: nickbuol DD5.1 is compressed much like an .mp3 is compressed. Indeed Nick you have described a technical difference between the formats but i was questioning more the subjective term "high definition" sound. DD 5.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by Murph @ 09/15/14 02:31 PM

Should have used your inside voice, maybe. snicker.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by chesseroo @ 09/15/14 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphSorry pal. Could just be Jim Cuddy's voice, or the slide guitar sound that is not a slide guitar but an organ played like a slide guitar, but it's just too country for me. Sorry to be an individual. There, I said "
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by Murph @ 09/15/14 01:30 PM

Sorry pal. Could just be Jim Cuddy's voice, or the slide guitar sound that is not a slide guitar but an organ played like a slide guitar, but it's just too country for me. Sorry to be an individual. There, I said "sorry" twice. Is tha
The Water Cooler
Scott, Working alone in peoples' houses all day, (I don't do that any more), I always brought CD's and a boombox. They are hard to find. Sony still makes one (with "X Bass!") Lots of passing-though other trades guys would ask about it, si
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 09/15/14 12:08 PM

Short answer: DD5.1 is compressed.... DTS-Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD are not. Ok, technically DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD ARE compressed, but they are more like a .zip file. extract the data from that file and you get the full lossless (uncompressed
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by chesseroo @ 09/15/14 11:50 AM

I still need to get a laptop to use the damn thing or i'll have to drag my desktop system all the way over to the media room. 24" screen and all.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by chesseroo @ 09/15/14 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: MurphWhile I'm honestly not a big fan of either Go back to Maine you move-to-PEI-at-birth-pretending Canadian wannabe! [jus kiddin] I'm not a die hard fan, must see these bands type of person, but i don't know many people who
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by chesseroo @ 09/15/14 11:46 AM

Perhaps someone can try to explain how a DD 5.1 format is not "HD". It's a crazy thought, i know.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Murph @ 09/15/14 08:02 AM

Chess, you're crazy!!! Well, not really, I just felt like I was missing out. I know I have a particular concert Bluray home that the HD format is actually way less enjoyable than the DD5.1. Damn it, I can't remember which one it is though. I reca
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by Murph @ 09/15/14 07:48 AM

While I'm honestly not a big fan of either, I've seen both and they both put on a quality show. I bet it was a good time.
The Water Cooler
Sorry, haven't bought a boombox since the 80s. I'm holding out for the Axiom gear but volume is no longer a big concern. My neighbors have gotten old. Ya, that's right the "neighbors" have gotten old.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.