AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
1 registered (Cork), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13349 Members
11 Forums
22995 Topics
406718 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17819
pmbuko 16306
SirQuack 13351
CV 11320
MarkSJohnson 11005
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
The lab benches where I work use a dull gray silestone with a matte finish. I've seen many a desk with coffee ring stains.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by MarkSJohnson @ 01/26/15 03:47 PM

What will the lighting look like while viewing?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by fredk @ 01/26/15 03:34 PM

The shelving looks good CV. They give the room a finished look.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by fredk @ 01/26/15 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: LampshadePowderfinger-Neal Young. I am obsessed with this song. Awesome song from an amazing album!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by chesseroo @ 01/26/15 03:10 PM

Looking for opinions. Axiom folk are always good for voicing thoughts. Is the extra cost of buying Silestone, Caesarstone or Cambria Quartz worthwhile compared to real granite for a countertop? http://www.cambriacanada.com/en/Advantages/performance
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CatBrat @ 01/26/15 01:22 PM

Doors would look better over the shelving. To me looks too distracting. Other than that is good.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by MarkSJohnson @ 01/26/15 09:17 AM

::raises Hand:: Three!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by mapatton @ 01/26/15 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Lampshade"I know it's getting weirder to keep physical media in the age of streaming, but I'll continue to have a hard time letting it go." I think it is smart to keep it. 1. Somewhere some executive is lowering stre
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by butcherbme @ 01/26/15 07:30 AM

Classic Yes.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by CV @ 01/26/15 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: spiffnmeTo keep this semi on topic...when phase 3 does happen, it'll be with an UHD projector! I'd I'll finally get another pair of M60's! Hurry up! I was wanting a projector for a long time, but I think I'll be sticking with
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 01/26/15 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttleI really like the shelving solution. Thanks, Tom! I got really excited when I thought of it, so I'm glad it actually worked and looked okay. I don't know if you can tell, but eight of the blocks are the bullnose end pi
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by Lampshade @ 01/26/15 12:08 AM

Powderfinger-Neal Young. I am obsessed with this song.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by Lampshade @ 01/25/15 11:48 PM

"I know it's getting weirder to keep physical media in the age of streaming, but I'll continue to have a hard time letting it go." I think it is smart to keep it. 1. Somewhere some executive is lowering streaming quality. "The averag
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by tomtuttle @ 01/25/15 11:28 PM

I really like the shelving solution. Looks darn near habitable.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by butcherbme @ 01/25/15 08:34 PM

Listened to allot of Jack Johnson then some James Taylor.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by Lampshade @ 01/25/15 05:51 PM

Good one, Michael. I tried this one on while Christmas shopping last month. Macy's had it on sale for close to $300. First Titanium watch I have tried. I was astonished. I already have a black faced Citizen with orange numbers and anoth black Citi
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by michael_d @ 01/25/15 04:36 PM

I don't particularly like wearing a watch either. But I need one, or I'd be missing meetings all the time. I reckon I'm a bit weird, as I do not like things on my wrist, fingers, change in my pockets, etc.... I have never been able to wear anything a
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by fredk @ 01/25/15 03:00 PM

Here's a random find while watching other Youtube stuff: Elephant Revival, Ancient Sea
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by brwsaw @ 01/25/15 07:08 AM

Keep it. Don't cave. Looks good. Thanks for the pictures.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 01/25/15 04:09 AM

Here are a couple of pictures of the shelving I cobbled together today. They're 6' long melamine boards on top of glass blocks from Lowes. The glass blocks were standard at 8"x8"x4", so they work perfectly as supports without being cin
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by spiffnme @ 01/24/15 10:44 PM

Hoping phase one of converting our garage may begin soon. Been clearing it out and prepping walls for insulation/drywall. We want to move our computers our there and use the 2nd bedroom as an actual second bedroom. Glad to finally be doing this,
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by Lampshade @ 01/24/15 10:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV-SZQcS23Q Here is the other end of the spectrum from the techie Cesium super atomic clock from CV's post. This one only costs $495,000. (I don't think it is quartz) but if I had that kind of money to spend on a wat
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by CV @ 01/24/15 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: spiffnme...and yeah, it's been a LOOOONG time since I've posted around here. It's nice to see you. I hope we'll have a lot more to talk about as UHD takes hold!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by CV @ 01/24/15 10:05 PM

Wear this on your wrist? While I haven't ever worn a watch regularly, and when I did, it wasn't for very long, I still liked the idea of this wristband being used for one when I saw it. But yeah, like most people, I'm either using the clock at work
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by Lampshade @ 01/24/15 05:14 PM

I like having a watch. I also have a real need for an analog watch that is easy to set. I have to mark my students late if they are tardy at the beginning of class or coming back from any of our breaks. Being late could lead to them failing my class.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.