AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (nickbuol, Murph), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13315 Members
11 Forums
22874 Topics
404188 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11194
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by chesseroo @ 09/15/14 11:50 AM

I still need to get a laptop to use the damn thing or i'll have to drag my desktop system all the way over to the media room. 24" screen and all.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by chesseroo @ 09/15/14 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: MurphWhile I'm honestly not a big fan of either Go back to Maine you move-to-PEI-at-birth-pretending Canadian wannabe! [jus kiddin] I'm not a die hard fan, must see these bands type of person, but i don't know many people who
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by chesseroo @ 09/15/14 11:46 AM

Perhaps someone can try to explain how a DD 5.1 format is not "HD". It's a crazy thought, i know.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Murph @ 09/15/14 08:02 AM

Chess, you're crazy!!! Well, not really, I just felt like I was missing out. I know I have a particular concert Bluray home that the HD format is actually way less enjoyable than the DD5.1. Damn it, I can't remember which one it is though. I reca
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by Murph @ 09/15/14 07:48 AM

While I'm honestly not a big fan of either, I've seen both and they both put on a quality show. I bet it was a good time.
The Water Cooler
Sorry, haven't bought a boombox since the 80s. I'm holding out for the Axiom gear but volume is no longer a big concern. My neighbors have gotten old. Ya, that's right the "neighbors" have gotten old.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by Murph @ 09/15/14 07:42 AM

Wow. Impressive, but you are not a Jedi yet! Actually, that's a Jedi Master setup. I just like saying that.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New Camera by Murph @ 09/15/14 07:37 AM

That is wicked cool!! Mark, your competition has arrived.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New Camera by brwsaw @ 09/15/14 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Da_Gimp_PimpHere's my photography setup - ! - I have a Manfrotto articulating arm clamped the my chair via a Manfrotto Super Clamp. This supports my Sony RX10 camera. 2 - The grey piece below the camera is a Bescor MP-101 Mot
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by casey01 @ 09/14/14 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: chesserooOriginally Posted By: CVI really wish this kind of functionality was a basic feature of AVRs. And they could sell it for sure, but it would have to add about $1k or more to the cost of a high end AVR. I for one would c
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mission (not so) Impossible: Be louder than the... by a401classic @ 09/14/14 06:23 PM

LMAO... OK, so the boy texted me back... and I quote; "something like a 8x3x4 piece of junk... but its still better than our 4x4x2 piece of junk, so we get to envy theirs... it looks like a mesh brick" And this from the boy who placed sec
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Mission (not so) Impossible: Be louder than the... by a401classic @ 09/14/14 06:16 PM

girls! My middle son has put me to a task; find a portable, battery powered sound system that is "louder than what the girls have". I'm getting clarification on what that is exactly, but the story is that on the way to cross country meets
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 09/14/14 05:54 PM

Agreed. I typically prefer the Bluray HD mixes of movie soundtracks when comparing them to their DVD counterparts. I dont know if I would be capable of listening to a DD5.1 track on a bluray when its HD counterpart is there waiting. I would feel d
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by chesseroo @ 09/14/14 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now No offense, but you so crazy! Are we talking downmixed hd to dd5.1? or DVD audio tracks vs bluray tracks? Take Sin City, dd5.1 vs DTS on the same DVD disc. Same disc, formats sound different. Or Tenacious D, or
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New Camera by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 09/14/14 05:10 PM

Here's my photography setup - ! - I have a Manfrotto articulating arm clamped the my chair via a Manfrotto Super Clamp. This supports my Sony RX10 camera. 2 - The grey piece below the camera is a Bescor MP-101 Motorized Pan & Tilt Head. It all
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by michael_d @ 09/14/14 04:48 PM

Well some displays are coming out now that even the professional calibrators are saying come from the factory with pre-sets that are on-par with a calibrated system. The new line of Sony 4K projectors are getting a lot of praise. So are the JVCs. I
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 09/14/14 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: chesserooOriginally Posted By: Serenity_NowCan you enjoy HD audio formats over the onkyo? (dolbytrue hd, dts master etc) But why do i need those specific formats? DD 5.1 won't sound any different quality-wise. No offense, bu
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by chesseroo @ 09/14/14 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: CVI really wish this kind of functionality was a basic feature of AVRs. And they could sell it for sure, but it would have to add about $1k or more to the cost of a high end AVR. I for one would consider purchasing that feature
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by chesseroo @ 09/14/14 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowCan you enjoy HD audio formats over the onkyo? (dolbytrue hd, dts master etc) But why do i need those specific formats? DD 5.1 won't sound any different quality-wise. I don't have a 6.1, 6.2, etc. system so the extr
Home Theater
Jump to new posts new denon amp by JBG @ 09/14/14 03:45 PM

Denon new next thing.. i'm super tempted along with 2 sets of the axiom ceiling speakers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmLvj1o4KxU
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 09/14/14 01:51 PM

Apart from the obvious conclusion that room and placement can make a huge difference in your listening enjoyment, I'm starting to believe that interaction with the room (ignoring how good the room is) explains another mystery that's always bothered m
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 09/14/14 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanThere's still some uneven bass response but so far I've only found one song that really shows it off -- Genesis' "Can-Utility and the Coastliners" from Foxtrot. OK, I found more tracks that showed the uneven
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 09/14/14 06:32 AM

Can you enjoy HD audio formats over the onkyo? (dolbytrue hd, dts master etc) If not, definitely time to upgrade. I know what you are saying about the joneses completely. Having moved to PEI, a "good" system here is a HTIB to most. All
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by CV @ 09/14/14 01:36 AM

I really wish this kind of functionality was a basic feature of AVRs.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by CV @ 09/14/14 01:22 AM

I always have issues with wireless anything, but for me, if the hard-wired options of ethernet and USB function correctly, I'll be happy.
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.