AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (jorge016, Ken.C), 53 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13326 Members
11 Forums
22918 Topics
405131 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13339
CV 11235
MarkSJohnson 10938
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by chesseroo @ 11/19/14 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowOk found something. Slit and Fold vapour barrier over top of wall at each joist and attach to foundation sill plate/joists with acoustic-sealant. Insulate entire area above wall to rim joist. Sounds like I'm good
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Another AVS Home Theater of the Month Uses Axiom by chesseroo @ 11/19/14 12:04 PM

Very nice. I might consider diffusers for our one side wall (which is presently devoid of anything), however i like them more for the aesthetics, like art on the wall in a HT room. I would have to weigh their sonic influence vs. my preference for the
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by fredk @ 11/19/14 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: CatBrat...] Yeah, but it still sounds amazing. But think of how much better it would sound if you mounted a pair of LFR's on you wall.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Another AVS Home Theater of the Month Uses Axiom by nickbuol @ 11/19/14 08:44 AM

Four QS8s for this one... HT of the Month: Sleight of Hand
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 11/19/14 08:38 AM

Yup. Some people go all out nuts. I thought about the hangers like the ones I pictured above, but the more I thought about it, my weakest link would still be sound getting up through the ceiling, so instead I put my few extra dollars there to try t
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by CatBrat @ 11/19/14 08:31 AM

Originally Posted By: pmbukoOriginally Posted By: CatBratI'm so glad I don't feel the need to upgrade. Yeah, it would be a major pain picking which of the 20 speakers you have up on the wall to upgrade first. Yeah, but it still sounds amazing.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by CatBrat @ 11/19/14 08:26 AM

LOL
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by JohnK @ 11/18/14 09:29 PM

The Denon X4000 that Mark is considering would be a good buy, but my preference would still be the Onkyo 818 factory refurb still available for about $600 from Accessories4less .
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 11/18/14 06:47 PM

Once again, thanks! I have read so many threads where there is zero tolerance in soundproofing, and others rail someone for cutting a corner. In reality, how would I know the difference unless someone like you, WITH EXPERIENCE ,chimes in. Thank
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Ken.C @ 11/18/14 05:37 PM

There are no rules in Doctor Who. There really aren't.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 11/18/14 05:18 PM

You still want the walls to be structurally sound. Yes, some flanking sound will go along the ceiling joists between the two walls, but unless someone uses clips to isolate the walls from the ceiling: I didn't do this and I am very happy with t
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 11/18/14 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphI usually tell people to skip the first season of Doctor Who, Charles. Pretend it never existed!! Maybe even the first couple. It was just way to campy upon the early days of the reboot. It got better every season thoug
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by pmbuko @ 11/18/14 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: CatBratI'm so glad I don't feel the need to upgrade. Yeah, it would be a major pain picking which of the 20 speakers you have up on the wall to upgrade first.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by CV @ 11/18/14 04:18 PM

I probably shouldn't be listened to. I haven't paid as close of attention to this stuff as I used to, simply because I'm waiting on all of those big things I mentioned. Plus, I no longer care about SACD and DVD-Audio, and it sounds like you have mor
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by pmbuko @ 11/18/14 04:17 PM

B L U R P
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by MarkSJohnson @ 11/18/14 03:19 PM

Damn you, Charles. I had pretty much decided to go for the Oppo and now you have me thinking about the receiver again. I'm going to tell Joyce that I wanted the Oppo, but you talked me into spending more on the receiver instead. you're in trou
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by CatBrat @ 11/18/14 02:02 PM

I think, picture quality-wise, an OPPO with Darby would be better than a 4K Ultra-HD TV. I have OPPO with Darby and the picture quality is noticeably sharper with Darby on. I think I'm using 60% on the Darby setting. I doubt you can say that for 108
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by MarkSJohnson @ 11/18/14 01:14 PM

Oooohhhh...cute! http://images.radiotimes.com/namedimage/...ginal/28648.jpg
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by MarkSJohnson @ 11/18/14 01:11 PM

::Googling what Clara looks like, while the Doc scribbles furiously in my direction::
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by MarkSJohnson @ 11/18/14 01:09 PM

It's just sittin' there!
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Pre-amps, Integrated Amps, Integrated Zone Amp by real80sman @ 11/18/14 12:59 PM

Just a thought - I'd like to see the Master Level knob 2 to 3 times the size of the others. And I miss big honkin' analogue power meters! (Yes, I live in the past......)
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Ken.C @ 11/18/14 12:27 PM

Clara annoys me--and what they've done with her character annoys me more.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Murph @ 11/18/14 12:26 PM

I didn't like her at all either, until I discovered who she really was in the season finisher. It tied a lot together. Mostly I think I just have a thing for Clara. (My wife still doesn't read these boards, right???)
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by Murph @ 11/18/14 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonI haven't spent more than 5 minutes in my woodshop since a project in April of 2013. Seriously. That means I can have your Mortise and Tenon machine, right?????
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Ken.C @ 11/18/14 12:21 PM

Really? You think this current season is any good? I mean, I like Peter Capaldi, but... geez. The stories have been done--down to the mysterious evil woman with a tight haircut who's omnipresent and has it in for the Doctor. (note that I'm only about
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.