AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13349 Members
11 Forums
22996 Topics
406758 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17819
pmbuko 16306
SirQuack 13351
CV 11321
MarkSJohnson 11007
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts (resolved) Re: m80v3 and harman hk3700/3770 by Adelin @ 01/27/15 02:31 AM

I finally found a not that expensive path : Rca audio switch: 4 rca input to one rca output for consummer audio. price range : 9 to 40 euro. Active direct box: start price: 33 euros Monitor volume control : start price 28 euros can be replaced by
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 01/27/15 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonWhat will the lighting look like while viewing? For watching a movie, I'll just turn all of the lights off: If I want a little light for distracted entertainment, I can do this for now: My dad wants to put LE
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 01/27/15 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: brwsawDo you /will you use the grills or leave them exposed? I think I'll leave them exposed unless younger kids are coming over. The glue on the grills isn't what it used to be, so they've started coming off at the edges. I'l
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 01/27/15 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: CatBratDoors would look better over the shelving. To me looks too distracting. Other than that is good. I tend to prefer the open shelving look for movies/books/music/games. I'm just imagining a library where all of their book
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ 01/27/15 12:06 AM

I second Atmos... If I was starting over I'd start with 5.1.4 with 2 subs.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by exlabdriver @ 01/26/15 11:52 PM

We put in Caesarstone 'Quartz' in our kitchen & 3 bathrooms over the past couple of years. We did a full back splash ($$$!) in the kitchen with it as well. Ours was a new colour 2 years ago called '4255 Creme Brulee' & we were the first to
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: pmbukoThe lab benches where I work use a dull gray silestone with a matte finish. I've seen many a desk with coffee ring stains. Well that is interesting. Are you sure they are stains or just someone being sloppy and lazy?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 01/26/15 07:36 PM

Yeah, go in-wall if you need to hide them. Heck, I can even get you in touch with someone who knows how to cover the in-walls with custom printed fabric panels that will let the sound through, but hid even the in-wall speaker grills. (That would be
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Best concert dvd's by butcherbme @ 01/26/15 07:29 PM

Blueray The Band The Last Waltz THE DUKES OF SEPTEMBER (DONALD FAGEN, MICHAEL MCDONALD, BOZ SCAGGS)
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/26/15 07:00 PM

I only have experience with one setup with the 3 main channels in ceiling. It was spec audio in an upscale home. As Nick said, not good. If you go the route you are contemplating you will at least have height channels pre-installed for later. I
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by aspicer1 @ 01/26/15 06:43 PM

Interesting. I was considering the in ceiling for a 7.1 dedicated home theater. Front and center on wall and the 4 surrounds in ceiling. I was considering the for asthetics. Sounds like it might not be worth it if the sound quality will be that po
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 01/26/15 06:22 PM

I work with a guy that went with in-ceiling speakers when he built his house. He went with over-priced product that the local "audio/video experts" priced up and installed. Honestly, it sounds bad. I know that surround speakers don't nee
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/26/15 06:21 PM

What "channels" are you referring to as surrounds. The in-ceilings in this build are height channels. Are you referring to side/rear surrounds?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by aspicer1 @ 01/26/15 05:52 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on doing all 4 surrounds in ceiling rather than on wall?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by brwsaw @ 01/26/15 05:00 PM

Do you /will you use the grills or leave them exposed?
The Water Cooler
The lab benches where I work use a dull gray silestone with a matte finish. I've seen many a desk with coffee ring stains.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by MarkSJohnson @ 01/26/15 03:47 PM

What will the lighting look like while viewing?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by fredk @ 01/26/15 03:34 PM

The shelving looks good CV. They give the room a finished look.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by fredk @ 01/26/15 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: LampshadePowderfinger-Neal Young. I am obsessed with this song. Awesome song from an amazing album!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by chesseroo @ 01/26/15 03:10 PM

Looking for opinions. Axiom folk are always good for voicing thoughts. Is the extra cost of buying Silestone, Caesarstone or Cambria Quartz worthwhile compared to real granite for a countertop? http://www.cambriacanada.com/en/Advantages/performance
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CatBrat @ 01/26/15 01:22 PM

Doors would look better over the shelving. To me looks too distracting. Other than that is good.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by MarkSJohnson @ 01/26/15 09:17 AM

::raises Hand:: Three!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by mapatton @ 01/26/15 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Lampshade"I know it's getting weirder to keep physical media in the age of streaming, but I'll continue to have a hard time letting it go." I think it is smart to keep it. 1. Somewhere some executive is lowering stre
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by butcherbme @ 01/26/15 07:30 AM

Classic Yes.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by CV @ 01/26/15 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: spiffnmeTo keep this semi on topic...when phase 3 does happen, it'll be with an UHD projector! I'd I'll finally get another pair of M60's! Hurry up! I was wanting a projector for a long time, but I think I'll be sticking with
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.