AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
EP175v4 with M3v4
Jungle's HT
Who's Online
2 registered (GregM, Serenity_Now), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22944 Topics
405793 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11270
MarkSJohnson 10965
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: boxing day at axiom. by exlabdriver @ 12/15/14 12:15 PM

Storm: Over the past 3 years, I've had excellent results in purchasing from 'B Stock' (you would be very hard pressed to find any flaws), the 'Refurb Store' & 'Factory Outlet'. Everything works & looks just fine... TAM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 12/15/14 11:14 AM

I'm not sure yet Mark. I'm going to talk to my Dad tonight. He's actually moving to an apartment next spring, so there are a lot of tools he will have to get rid of. I really want the riding mower, but I don't think I have space in the living room
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: boxing day at axiom. by nickbuol @ 12/15/14 10:33 AM

There was a big sale/coupon deal just a couple of weeks ago.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by MarkSJohnson @ 12/15/14 08:45 AM

I have a DeWalt that came as part of a kit a couple of years ago when I upgraded most of my cordless tools from Ryobi. Has worked really well for the 20-or-so holes I've done in concrete, in addition to the everyday stuff. Sounds like you're good w
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by oakvillematt @ 12/15/14 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By: fredk I've drilled holes in concrete (a wall) with a regular drill with success before using a nail to break up aggregate. When its two holes in 5 years, it's hard to justify a hammer drill. Doesn't work so well in a ceiling t
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by oakvillematt @ 12/15/14 07:54 AM

Storm. if you are looking at the M60, why not save yourself a few dollars and get the B-Stock pair for $1125 and i bet you will have a tough time trying to find where the flaw in the speaker is. Quite often it's under the front grill or on the bac
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by MarkSJohnson @ 12/15/14 06:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now You are close to mounting! How exciting! I'm pretty sure Fred would actually be disappointed if I didn't throm in a ::snicker-snicker:: here.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 12/15/14 12:32 AM

Did a little more work today with my dad. He dropped the light fixture for above the mirror on the countertop, though, and chipped the porcelain. Hopefully some porcelain touch-up will make it less noticeable. It seems like no matter what, stuff like
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: boxing day at axiom. by JohnK @ 12/14/14 11:37 PM

Simon, no Dec. 26 sales have taken place in the past.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Subwoofer cable/connection advice by JohnK @ 12/14/14 11:15 PM

Bryan, although you say that both the RCA input and output connectors have come loose, you don't indicate if the output connector can still work. The input and output form an internal "Y", and the output leg(if not similarly damaged)serves
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ 12/14/14 10:12 PM

The SDS bits will fit in the chuck of a 1/2" drill. A good option. Good tip is to tape the bit at required depth too. Overdrilling is a waste of time, battery and can lead to anchors not setting right if you go that route. You are close to m
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by fredk @ 12/14/14 10:02 PM

CBC's My Playlist. Tonight's list is courtesy of Matt Anderson: CCR, Tragically Hip, Bonny Rait, Bruce Cocbourn, BTO, Neil Young, Lake Street Dive, Hot Toddy. Dude's got good taste. He's not a bad musician either.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 12/14/14 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Adrian...they're much cheaper than rotary hammers too. I'll say. That rotary hammer is in a whole other league. Looks like the Dewalt XRP is the lowest cost all metal gearbox hammer drill if I want to pony up.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts boxing day at axiom. by storm266 @ 12/14/14 09:21 PM

Hi, I recently created asked advice for my next purchase of floorstanding speaker between axiom others brand. I have received great information. One question that I think was kind of lost:-) in the conversation was: We are currently mid December
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by storm266 @ 12/14/14 08:59 PM

Chessroo : tahnks a lot. I'm like you I can have sometimes a lots of thought. By the way. Fyi info in general between AAC(MP4) and mp3. it for the same bit rate AAC will have a better qaulity in general. Anyway I was just asking in general. I g
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Adrian @ 12/14/14 08:38 PM

That there is an SDS shank for a Rotary Hammer, not really the same as a "hammer drill" although they are used for similar work. The Rotary Hammer is far better/efficient than a hammer drill as they have a different mechanism to "chip&
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by oakvillematt @ 12/14/14 06:14 PM

Glad that we didn't scare you off with our barrage of thoughts. To answer your questions, the quality of recording can fall into two parts. The original masters and the medium it's recorded on. When I talk about the masters, the best example that
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Socketman @ 12/14/14 05:13 PM

Now there is a deal you cant resist FWIW I mentioned the 1/2" only because we were making big holes with a fairly inexpensive brand that did the job competently. Is there even such think as a 3/8 hammer drill? Making holes that size should be v
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 12/14/14 04:19 PM

That's a formidable tool you have there. A real hammer drill is probably overkill for a 5/32" hole 2" deep. For what it's worth, the dumbass of the year award goes to me. Was talking to my father this afternoon and, of course, he has a p
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Subwoofer cable/connection advice by zuter @ 12/14/14 03:53 PM

Hi icehawk21 If it were me I'd go with option #2. Since you're already using the RCA connection using a RCA to XLR cable will not be any different. It's the cheapest solution and it'll work just like it is now. But I'd still check with Axiom as t
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ 12/14/14 02:26 PM

The shank of the bit locks into the drill chuck. Looks like this. Old concrete is a bear sometimes.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ 12/14/14 02:22 PM

Rent one at home depot cheaply. I would not buy one for your purpose. They make a mess, so keep that in mind. Glasses are a good idea too. A real hammer drill uses bits specific for them. Hilti and Bosch are reputable brands that are available
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 12/14/14 01:54 PM

Hmm, I suppose a 1/2" drill should have a larger gear box. I went by Canadian Tire today and did not even see a shelf space for the 1/2" hammer drill, but according to their web app there are two in the very store I was at. Go figure. Ed
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by newf @ 12/14/14 01:47 PM

So I got my four M3's installed and experienced my first Atom movie. Quite impressed. Although I really have to move my ceiling mounted QS8's now as its impossible to hear the difference between my QS8's or Top Rears from the MLP. The M3's sound r
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by BobKay @ 12/14/14 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphA song from my buddy's brother's band made #11 in Rolling Stone's top singles for 2014. Pretty big deal for a band full of kids from PEI and Nova Scotia. Avvays Andrew, that'd be a big deal no matter who you are or f
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.