AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
3 registered (tomtuttle, St_PatGuy, exlabdriver), 151 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13348 Members
11 Forums
22992 Topics
406629 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17816
pmbuko 16305
SirQuack 13351
CV 11311
MarkSJohnson 11002
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Can my Axiom speakers handle this amplifier? by Strider53 @ 01/19/15 06:43 PM

+1 with SirQuacks preferences, I had fully intended purchasing an Outlaw pre/pro but the unit was canceled before release! Like you I wanted to try the separates route but ended up using a Marantz AVR with an Outlaw 7700. As JohnK has said this much
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Boxes behind the screen by Serenity_Now @ 01/19/15 06:39 PM

Yes woprth
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Boxes behind the screen by Serenity_Now @ 01/19/15 06:39 PM

I stored 5 channels woprth behind our couch in the rear of our last room. Flattened boxes and layed on floor. Under your riser would be better I would say. Not thinking of sound, just keeping your area clear for future tweaking, maintenence trip h
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: STC ratings for wall designs (NRC 1995) by Serenity_Now @ 01/19/15 06:34 PM

Just in time! Thx chess.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500 rattling by SirQuack @ 01/19/15 06:33 PM

mine from many years ago did the same thing, at certain frequencies and during explosions. Ended up being air escaping around the amp plate. Snugged up the bolts and all gone. It can also be a wire rattling internally. Try removing the driver and
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: STC ratings for wall designs (NRC 1995) by chesseroo @ 01/19/15 05:32 PM

Ours is probably about a STC of 40 for the walls and maybe 46-48 for the ceiling based on extrapolation of additional batting thickness on STC. We had considered the staggered studs method which would have added maybe 5 to 7 more STC but really, i do
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: STC ratings for wall designs (NRC 1995) by nickbuol @ 01/19/15 04:44 PM

That is a cool document. I will admit that I just scrolled (quickly) down until I got past all of those "words" until I saw pictures. LOL No, I always do that with long articles just to skim through to get an overview of what it contains.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Center channel or surrounds by minorc @ 01/19/15 04:26 PM

Well looks like I'm keeping the m22's now. Axiom won't take the stands in the trade up even though the website accepted them, invoiced me and I've paid it. I wish I knew about that before I spent 40 minutes shrink wrapping, bubble wrapping and securi
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts STC ratings for wall designs (NRC 1995) by chesseroo @ 01/19/15 03:57 PM

Not sure if anyone came across this, or if it had been posted in the past, but the NRC did a TON of tests back in 1995 on various interior wall construction methods and subsequent sound transmission. Really quite impressive results and really helps
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by chesseroo @ 01/19/15 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: chesserooOriginally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonOriginally Posted By: chesserooi have a meeting with a general contractor in an hour to get an estimate for a kitchen reno. The second one on the week. Wow.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Boxes behind the screen by fredk @ 01/19/15 02:54 PM

Are your mains back there as well?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Boxes behind the screen by brwsaw @ 01/19/15 02:39 PM

With 35 views and 0 comments I'd assume no ones tried it. Too bad they wouldn't work like bass traps. I do have a 5" round hole saw and a pile of insulation laying around. I hate to recycle them just to need them down the road. Leave them alo
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Furnace Failure - Arrrgh by exlabdriver @ 01/19/15 02:18 PM

A friend's son just bought a brand new Nissan truck - battery died in 2 months. At least I've gotten 3 months so far. Voltage this morning is 12.44V. The drop seems to have stopped for the moment... TAM
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by fredk @ 01/19/15 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: chesserooOriginally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonOriginally Posted By: chesserooi have a meeting with a general contractor in an hour to get an estimate for a kitchen reno. The second one on the week. Wow. You're renovating your ki
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 01/19/15 01:52 PM

OK, I've had enough of painting. It took quite a few coats by hand to blend in the patches. Even then, one shows if you look carefully from less than 2 feet (and you know where to look). I had a moment of total frustration last night as there was
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by fredk @ 01/19/15 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonSpeaking of voices not "matching" the visuals, I want to order a CD of these guys. Van Morrison meets Marvin Gaye? Pretty damned good!
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500 rattling by GregD @ 01/19/15 12:59 PM

Thanks guys I am going to do a bit more investigating and check all the screws before I send it back.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by chesseroo @ 01/19/15 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonOriginally Posted By: chesserooi have a meeting with a general contractor in an hour to get an estimate for a kitchen reno. The second one on the week. Wow. You're renovating your kitchen twice in one week? Bor
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Full Metal Bracket with M22/VP150? by chesseroo @ 01/19/15 12:10 PM

Aside from the aforementioned opinions on the mount, i fail to see why ANY mount wouldn't have at least 2 points of contact for mounting. This greatly decreases the risk of a failure of a single point causing so much damage. A decent non-shearing sc
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by brwsaw @ 01/19/15 12:08 PM

Ha
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by MarkSJohnson @ 01/19/15 12:05 PM

I thought you promised Chris and I that the listening area would be square?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 01/19/15 11:59 AM

The good news is that first impressions with the LFR1100s in the new space are positive. I'm already hearing the benefits of having more breathing room around them. I won't try experimenting with different positions until a lot of other stuff in the
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by MarkSJohnson @ 01/19/15 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: chesserooi have a meeting with a general contractor in an hour to get an estimate for a kitchen reno. The second one on the week. Wow. You're renovating your kitchen twice in one week?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by chesseroo @ 01/19/15 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: CV That's a very good point, and there have been plenty of instances during this whole odyssey where we've called in the cavalry, but on the other hand, there are always those details even the professionals miss, and it makes y
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by MarkSJohnson @ 01/19/15 11:54 AM

Speaking of voices not "matching" the visuals, I want to order a CD of these guys.
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.