AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (JohnK), 56 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13328 Members
11 Forums
22918 Topics
405141 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13340
CV 11236
MarkSJohnson 10939
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by CatBrat @ 11/18/14 02:02 PM

I think, picture quality-wise, an OPPO with Darby would be better than a 4K Ultra-HD TV. I have OPPO with Darby and the picture quality is noticeably sharper with Darby on. I think I'm using 60% on the Darby setting. I doubt you can say that for 108
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by MarkSJohnson @ 11/18/14 01:14 PM

Oooohhhh...cute! http://images.radiotimes.com/namedimage/...ginal/28648.jpg
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by MarkSJohnson @ 11/18/14 01:11 PM

::Googling what Clara looks like, while the Doc scribbles furiously in my direction::
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by MarkSJohnson @ 11/18/14 01:09 PM

It's just sittin' there!
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Pre-amps, Integrated Amps, Integrated Zone Amp by real80sman @ 11/18/14 12:59 PM

Just a thought - I'd like to see the Master Level knob 2 to 3 times the size of the others. And I miss big honkin' analogue power meters! (Yes, I live in the past......)
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Ken.C @ 11/18/14 12:27 PM

Clara annoys me--and what they've done with her character annoys me more.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Murph @ 11/18/14 12:26 PM

I didn't like her at all either, until I discovered who she really was in the season finisher. It tied a lot together. Mostly I think I just have a thing for Clara. (My wife still doesn't read these boards, right???)
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by Murph @ 11/18/14 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonI haven't spent more than 5 minutes in my woodshop since a project in April of 2013. Seriously. That means I can have your Mortise and Tenon machine, right?????
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Ken.C @ 11/18/14 12:21 PM

Really? You think this current season is any good? I mean, I like Peter Capaldi, but... geez. The stories have been done--down to the mysterious evil woman with a tight haircut who's omnipresent and has it in for the Doctor. (note that I'm only about
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Murph @ 11/18/14 12:11 PM

I usually tell people to skip the first season of Doctor Who, Charles. Pretend it never existed!! Maybe even the first couple. It was just way to campy upon the early days of the reboot. It got better every season though, right to the current.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 11/18/14 09:54 AM

Oh yeah, it is pinned to blocking above at 2' intervals.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 11/18/14 09:53 AM

There is a "strong wall/weak wall" calculation in one of my books somewhere. Basically, you can calculate total stc by adding sq. area of each value at different weightings. Way too involved for me. I almost passed out when she said that
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 11/18/14 09:38 AM

^^^ You could also add a sensor, motor, and a small sound setup and have it automatically, open when someone walks up to the door with a "Star Trek" like whoosh sound I can't imaging going through the efforts of all of the soundproofing
What's New At Axiom
Any release date yet for the integrated amplifier ? Thanks
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by bridgman @ 11/17/14 09:48 PM

Staying open ? I was thinking more along the lines of a 1" steel plate that slid between the two rows of studs when you wanted to get in or out
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by bridgman @ 11/17/14 09:45 PM

One more vote for upgrading the center speaker first. What frequency are you using now to cross over to the sub ? Might be worth bumping to 100 Hz to see if that makes any difference (and making sure the crossover on the Hsu is set to maximum).
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by St_PatGuy @ 11/17/14 09:08 PM

Agree with you guys on Interstellar, it wasn't perfect but that's not really a knock. I got completely absorbed in the movie. A lot of breathtaking moments, and, Charles, it's too bad you don't have a closer IMAX theater. Hmm, I have more to say,
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 11/17/14 09:05 PM

I havent figured out anything but its size so far. Most likely it will be diy using sealed double pane inserts and layers of mdf. I'll keep you posted. I insisted on a door and she insisted on an open passthrough. This is our comprimise. It came
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 11/17/14 08:51 PM

So what did you figure out for a french door with good soundproofing capabilities? Not that I want to change mine out, or tell my wife that something exists since she wanted one, but I thought I would ask.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by fredk @ 11/17/14 07:02 PM

That's a really nice room Greg! I'm going to agree with others on the VP160 instead of upgrading the mains. When I bought my gear I had a chance to do direct a/b comparisons between the M60 and the M22 + sub. They were almost identical in sound ex
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by CV @ 11/17/14 07:01 PM

My vote is for the VP160, too. Also, that room likes a great place to unwind.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 11/17/14 06:44 PM

Perhaps, but man are my knees sore for it. Getting old. I'm on days off right now so this is my temp "day job." The whole house is getting a minor facelift slowly too. This space is more fun though. The framing stage is pretty much fin
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by CV @ 11/17/14 06:27 PM

You'll be done with your space before I'm done with mine.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 11/17/14 06:26 PM

Yeah, you have to wonder what ending possibilities they had considered before arriving at that one. I wish we had a local IMAX theater. I believe our closest one is 2 1/2 hours away. Yeah, checking on IMAX's website confirmed it. Interstellar would
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 11/17/14 06:18 PM

Thanks!
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.