AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (Boltron), 67 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13315 Members
11 Forums
22873 Topics
404179 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11192
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Sorry, Ian by SirQuack @ 09/13/14 09:03 AM

Red Red Wine makes me feel Fine......
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 09/13/14 07:41 AM

Thanks to Nick's hard work covering cedia for us I'm going to ask for opinions on running future wires for ceiling mounted direct radiators in the mentioned square pattern. This would yield 7.2.4 "connections" for the distant future acoor
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by Serenity_Now @ 09/13/14 07:26 AM

Tell me you are into flight sims too. ... That rig could be a space flight trainer!! Super cool.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Making the most of what life throws at you by Serenity_Now @ 09/13/14 07:23 AM

Lunch may not work for me. After work is better if you can swing it. P.m. Me later.
Home Theater
The Dolby guys (and gals) plus at least 2 of the other speaker demo companies were all using relatively small speakers for their overhead speakers. Now granted, the SteinwayLyndorf demo used some advanced bass management, or so they said, so that th
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by casey01 @ 09/12/14 09:39 PM

[quote=chesseroo][quote=michael_d] Lumagen has a device they call the Radiance Mini. I'd suggest an
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by nickbuol @ 09/12/14 09:34 PM

Having been at CEDIA yesterday, pretty much every demo space had a "4K" projector (most aren't native or "true" 4K) with Dolby Atmos. Here is the big stuff in relationship to 4K. You need a very large screen and/or sit fairly cl
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps by chesseroo @ 09/12/14 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphNice. Now it's just missing the glowing Cylon eye moving back and forth. It looks like it would be one of those laser disc players from the 80s.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by chesseroo @ 09/12/14 08:11 PM

Sadly i'm too far away to enjoy the fruits of NotL, but i do have some moose meat coming my way this weekend!! Will have to think about some wine pairing for a gamey heavy red meat.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by BlueJays1 @ 09/12/14 08:04 PM

I was at Vineland Estates for lunch last week and it would be my top recommendation for dining right now during wine tours. The meal was absolutely superb and the presentations were top notch. My main was a citrus cured Rainbow Trout. It was an amazi
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by chesseroo @ 09/12/14 07:54 PM

Spirt of the West (who opened for) and Blue Rodeo at the Assiniboine Park outdoor theatre last Friday. Only $25 for tickets!! Beautiful 3/4 moon clear sky night too!! First time there's been a ticketed event at this venue. They really need to work o
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by chesseroo @ 09/12/14 07:46 PM

I've recently been informed about Featherstone and will have to add that to the next trip i head south. In the meantime, i can finally look into placing some orders from out west as Manitoba has opened its border to wine importation by individuals.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Sorry, Ian by chesseroo @ 09/12/14 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Iana glass of red A glass of red what? Or is that yet another spell checker "Miss Spell"? http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/13603/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-dyacs-first-year/
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by chesseroo @ 09/12/14 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: michael_d Lumagen has a device they call the Radiance Mini. I'd suggest anyone invest in this box a good meter and Chromapure. You can get a bundled package from Chromapure that includes your choice of a Radiance, a meter and th
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by Nick B @ 09/12/14 07:14 PM

We rarely see from Movies or TV shows a person in a striped shirt with very tight spacing on the stripes. When I have seen such things shot in HD it has a weird wavy effect. I wonder if going to 4k would solve such a problem. Also, I am sure there
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by michael_d @ 09/12/14 05:50 PM

I sit about 12' away from a screen that's 96" wide when I have it in 2.35 mode. Just last night I was watching a blue ray movie and just amazed at the clarity and wonderful color. I'm a sucker for video gear, and always looking to "upgrade&
Home Theater
Seems to me that the bridge beams & supports would be ideal for mounting and wiring speakers to handle the additional channels. This might catch on...
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by CatBrat @ 09/12/14 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsawBrian, how does the price of 6 screens and stand compare to a equivalent sized good quality 4K screen? 6 Acer V226WL bd 22-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor (Amazon) $126.19 x 6 = $754.14 Ergotech Hex 3 Over 3 LCD Monit
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by brwsaw @ 09/12/14 02:50 PM

Brian, how does the price of 6 screens and stand compare to a equivalent sized good quality 4K screen?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surrounds for Dolby Atmos- QS8's or direct firing? by MarkSJohnson @ 09/12/14 02:27 PM

I'm definitely going to have to sell my house. I'll be the only guy with an Atmos setup who has to deal with the acoustics of living under a bridge. Well, until I'm joined by those guys who were thrown out of their house when their wives opened t
Home Theater
Thanks for the reply. I was leaning towards m3s all round since the ceiling are m3s and same drivers as my m60s. Maybe I should rethink.
Home Theater
I'm definitely going to have to get a bigger house.
Home Theater
I learned a LOT about Atmos while at CEDIA. Here is a quick note about the 5.1 and surround field as mentioned just before this. In an Atmos theater, you no longer have "channels." There is no "send the audio to the right surround c
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by CatBrat @ 09/12/14 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphSounds like a great machine Cat. You didn't give part numbers so I'm wondering, what in the world is a 1000W power supply for? I can't talk, my gaming rig has a 900 watt but that was to support a pair of SLI linked, power
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by Murph @ 09/12/14 12:12 PM

Sounds like a great machine Cat. You didn't give part numbers so I'm wondering, what in the world is a 1000W power supply for? I can't talk, my gaming rig has a 900 watt but that was to support a pair of SLI linked, power hogging 3-d cards at the t
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.