AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
2 registered (CV, fredk), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22945 Topics
405828 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11272
MarkSJohnson 10966
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 12/15/14 09:33 PM

Dad says, "don't waste your money, that Ryobi is just fine." ... and everyone knows that father knows best. I talked to him a bit and he has used several Ryobi cordless drills over the years and they've worked fine. I think I'll sit tight
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Socketman @ 12/15/14 08:40 PM

why are you NiCad when your drilling, you'll get sand in your slitz doin that.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by oakvillematt @ 12/15/14 08:06 PM

It looks like Axiom is clearing stock out for the Xmas shutdown. In the start of the new year you probably will find that they have some more B stock coming in and can get a great deal. I know that the wife gave the go-ahead, but I would personally
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by storm266 @ 12/15/14 06:41 PM

I know it. It's just that I sucessfully convince my wife of having tower speaker in the leaving room. These are correct and I would have bought them. but she want black nothing else. I can't win all battle But thanks for the recommandation.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 12/15/14 03:58 PM

The Dewalt I am looking at it LIon. As far as Makita vs Dewalt, I prefer Chevy... oh, wait, Toyota. I won't be taxing this thing. From past experience, I just don't trust plastic gears.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ 12/15/14 02:13 PM

I walked right into that one Mark. Another big Makita fan here. Metal gears add weight if thats an issue. On sites there is every flavour of drill. If you spend the money generally you will do fine with any brand. Avoid brushless. Completely
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Adrian @ 12/15/14 12:32 PM

I ain't LiOn about it, or trying to be a NiCad.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: A Stein is a Stein is a Stein by Adrian @ 12/15/14 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttleYes! We had that one on draught with Jack at Fat Head's in Cleveland. It was super. I picked up a bottle of The Big Lebrewski from Seattle's Naked City Brewing. Looking forward to it. Quote:Billed as a “White Rus
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by MarkSJohnson @ 12/15/14 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Adrian Personally I'd take the Makita any day over the Dewalt, just my opinion of course. Uh-oh! Them's fightin' words!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Adrian @ 12/15/14 12:26 PM

Fred, if you are considering buying a hammer drill, check out IHL . They have some deals on the better brands of tools like Makita, Bosch ect. Sometimes the "better" deal isn't what it appears btw...NiCad vs LiOn, no comparison, the LiOn
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: boxing day at axiom. by exlabdriver @ 12/15/14 12:15 PM

Storm: Over the past 3 years, I've had excellent results in purchasing from 'B Stock' (you would be very hard pressed to find any flaws), the 'Refurb Store' & 'Factory Outlet'. Everything works & looks just fine... TAM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 12/15/14 11:14 AM

I'm not sure yet Mark. I'm going to talk to my Dad tonight. He's actually moving to an apartment next spring, so there are a lot of tools he will have to get rid of. I really want the riding mower, but I don't think I have space in the living room
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: boxing day at axiom. by nickbuol @ 12/15/14 10:33 AM

There was a big sale/coupon deal just a couple of weeks ago.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by MarkSJohnson @ 12/15/14 08:45 AM

I have a DeWalt that came as part of a kit a couple of years ago when I upgraded most of my cordless tools from Ryobi. Has worked really well for the 20-or-so holes I've done in concrete, in addition to the everyday stuff. Sounds like you're good w
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by oakvillematt @ 12/15/14 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By: fredk I've drilled holes in concrete (a wall) with a regular drill with success before using a nail to break up aggregate. When its two holes in 5 years, it's hard to justify a hammer drill. Doesn't work so well in a ceiling t
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by oakvillematt @ 12/15/14 07:54 AM

Storm. if you are looking at the M60, why not save yourself a few dollars and get the B-Stock pair for $1125 and i bet you will have a tough time trying to find where the flaw in the speaker is. Quite often it's under the front grill or on the bac
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by MarkSJohnson @ 12/15/14 06:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now You are close to mounting! How exciting! I'm pretty sure Fred would actually be disappointed if I didn't throm in a ::snicker-snicker:: here.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 12/15/14 12:32 AM

Did a little more work today with my dad. He dropped the light fixture for above the mirror on the countertop, though, and chipped the porcelain. Hopefully some porcelain touch-up will make it less noticeable. It seems like no matter what, stuff like
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: boxing day at axiom. by JohnK @ 12/14/14 11:37 PM

Simon, no Dec. 26 sales have taken place in the past.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Subwoofer cable/connection advice by JohnK @ 12/14/14 11:15 PM

Bryan, although you say that both the RCA input and output connectors have come loose, you don't indicate if the output connector can still work. The input and output form an internal "Y", and the output leg(if not similarly damaged)serves
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ 12/14/14 10:12 PM

The SDS bits will fit in the chuck of a 1/2" drill. A good option. Good tip is to tape the bit at required depth too. Overdrilling is a waste of time, battery and can lead to anchors not setting right if you go that route. You are close to m
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by fredk @ 12/14/14 10:02 PM

CBC's My Playlist. Tonight's list is courtesy of Matt Anderson: CCR, Tragically Hip, Bonny Rait, Bruce Cocbourn, BTO, Neil Young, Lake Street Dive, Hot Toddy. Dude's got good taste. He's not a bad musician either.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 12/14/14 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Adrian...they're much cheaper than rotary hammers too. I'll say. That rotary hammer is in a whole other league. Looks like the Dewalt XRP is the lowest cost all metal gearbox hammer drill if I want to pony up.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts boxing day at axiom. by storm266 @ 12/14/14 09:21 PM

Hi, I recently created asked advice for my next purchase of floorstanding speaker between axiom others brand. I have received great information. One question that I think was kind of lost:-) in the conversation was: We are currently mid December
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by storm266 @ 12/14/14 08:59 PM

Chessroo : tahnks a lot. I'm like you I can have sometimes a lots of thought. By the way. Fyi info in general between AAC(MP4) and mp3. it for the same bit rate AAC will have a better qaulity in general. Anyway I was just asking in general. I g
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.