AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 59 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13329 Members
11 Forums
22920 Topics
405204 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13340
CV 11236
MarkSJohnson 10941
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 11/20/14 12:58 PM

Yup. I'll be able to rearrange my furniture at least five times before it arrives.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by brwsaw @ 11/20/14 11:33 AM

And now the wait...
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by jmone @ 11/20/14 04:52 AM

Any more updates? Thanks Nathan
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by CV @ 11/19/14 11:34 PM

I love the sound of numbers crunching.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by nickbuol @ 11/19/14 11:21 PM

So like most of the owners, we got a nice email today... So it got me thinking... Maybe now is the time to prep for Dolby Atmos by replacing my four QS8s (two from December 2004, and two from just about 3 years ago) for four M3s to get away from the
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: In the News by pmbuko @ 11/19/14 11:20 PM

pressed meat
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by GregM @ 11/19/14 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnKGreg, I don't know if what you were referring to by the "$250 discount" comment was the email sent today to owners, but it in fact offers a $250 "Gift Card" discount good until December 1st. It can be ap
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by JohnK @ 11/19/14 10:17 PM

Greg, I don't know if what you were referring to by the "$250 discount" comment was the email sent today to owners, but it in fact offers a $250 "Gift Card" discount good until December 1st. It can be applied toward a speaker purc
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by CV @ 11/19/14 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonPost deleted by me. I felt the burn.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by GregM @ 11/19/14 09:45 PM

Thanks everyone. It sure would be nice to get a random $250 discount or so to help me make up my mind . . . Thanks for the compliments on that room. It is a family/home theater room but works well overall. Greg
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Hansang @ 11/19/14 08:47 PM

Hmm, guess I better change my .sig one of these days. Now that I have (had for quite some time) Denon 4520 and VP170. LOL
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Hansang @ 11/19/14 08:47 PM

Serenity_Now (insanity later??), What remote - with RF, right???? - are you going to use? After all, it's the one device you'll use more than *ANYTHING* I'm a staunch URC fan (having used Harmony 990, and One). Just thought I'd ask.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by rprice54 @ 11/19/14 08:42 PM

I finally got a chance to test these. For stereo sound, obviously, they aren't s great choice for 2.0 listening. As a non- ported speaker, with a much smaller cabinet than the full blown M3 they are a bit thin sounding. They would be great in a 2.1 s
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 11/19/14 07:25 PM

Thanks Chess! Luckily I'm nowhere close to that step yet. Just thinking ahead I guess. Been busy with tying up loose framing ends and starting electrical. All boxes are mounted and basement is half pulled. Theater side is close to done. Have to
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ 11/19/14 06:55 PM

Awesome!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by MarkSJohnson @ 11/19/14 06:37 PM

Post deleted by me.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 11/19/14 06:16 PM

Projector ordered. I found a Refurb unit from a Canadian retailer at $650. It doesn't get better than that. The lamp is guaranteed to be at 80% of life or better, so its a good deal all around.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by CV @ 11/19/14 06:03 PM

Lorde's Pure Heroine is free on Google Play Music for now. It really is a worthwhile album. I consistently put every track in playlists for work, and I never want to skip over any of them. Pick it up while it's $0.00. Lorde - Pure Heroine
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: In the News by CatBrat @ 11/19/14 03:31 PM

Cops: 350-Pound Thief In Motorized Scooter Caught Sitting On Stolen Walmart Steaks Linky: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/Walmart-motorized-scooter-steak-theft-573214 Remind me not to buy steaks from Walmart.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by CatBrat @ 11/19/14 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: CatBrat...] Yeah, but it still sounds amazing. But think of how much better it would sound if you mounted a pair of LFR's on you wall. Yeah. Like, that's going to happen. (NOT)
What's New At Axiom
Originally Posted By: chesserooMy ageing 70s Kenwood receiver is starting to have issues and i may be in the market for a different power source for my home office. Have you tried tipping it on its side and giving it a few solid raps to try to dislod
What's New At Axiom
Originally Posted By: real80smanJust a thought - I'd like to see the Master Level knob 2 to 3 times the size of the others. And I miss big honkin' analogue power meters! (Yes, I live in the past......) My ageing 70s Kenwood receiver is starting to
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by chesseroo @ 11/19/14 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowOk found something. Slit and Fold vapour barrier over top of wall at each joist and attach to foundation sill plate/joists with acoustic-sealant. Insulate entire area above wall to rim joist. Sounds like I'm good
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Another AVS Home Theater of the Month Uses Axiom by chesseroo @ 11/19/14 12:04 PM

Very nice. I might consider diffusers for our one side wall (which is presently devoid of anything), however i like them more for the aesthetics, like art on the wall in a HT room. I would have to weigh their sonic influence vs. my preference for the
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by fredk @ 11/19/14 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: CatBrat...] Yeah, but it still sounds amazing. But think of how much better it would sound if you mounted a pair of LFR's on you wall.
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.