AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13326 Members
11 Forums
22918 Topics
405131 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13339
CV 11235
MarkSJohnson 10938
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by CatBrat @ 11/17/14 11:33 AM

I'm so glad I don't feel the need to upgrade.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by MarkSJohnson @ 11/17/14 11:16 AM

These forums have been so quiet lately. I figured if my post involved religion, it would prompt more discussion (though likely a few people leaving the boards). I'm working on another post where I can discuss 4K televisions by bringing Politics int
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by medic8r @ 11/17/14 10:25 AM

Ni!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 11/17/14 10:17 AM

Thanks Richard. Yes, the plan is to go open one way or another. I hate having to pull components out of a cabinet to make changes to connections. It's much easier to just slide the whole babinet forward to get at wires. Hmm, that is actually a bi
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by fredk @ 11/17/14 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: MurphPlease recite 20 "Hail Mary"s and 10 "Our Father Bob"s and make sure you listen to "Wish You Were Here" before your soul is damned forever. Don't listen to him Mark. For penance you must go i
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New B-stock Store by bridgman @ 11/17/14 10:08 AM

I think prices are lower so the shipping costs (which go up sharply outside NA) are a bigger percentage of the cost.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by Murph @ 11/17/14 09:58 AM

Please recite 20 "Hail Mary"s and 10 "Our Father Bob"s and make sure you listen to "Wish You Were Here" before your soul is damned forever.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by MarkSJohnson @ 11/17/14 09:52 AM

The lowered price of the receiver got me to thinking about upgrading, but I just found myself wondering: If I ONLY bought the new Oppo wouldn't I achieve the same capabilities by using it's own decoding to output all the various soundtracks via it's
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Murph @ 11/17/14 09:38 AM

I'm with you on Interstellar Charles. I liked it enough that I was very pleased that I went to see it. It's not a perfect movie but then again, very few are. I thought they pushed the 'ending of the ending' a bit much. (ya, that's vague but I don'
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by MarkSJohnson @ 11/17/14 08:46 AM

It's been a lifetime, as I've never been to confession before. What brings me in now? Murder someone? Inspirational new Pope? Use the Lords name in vain numerous, numerous times in creative combination with other four-letter words? Yup. That on
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by GregM @ 11/17/14 08:38 AM

Thanks. Decisions, decisions . . . Christmas is coming as mom used to say. Greg
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New B-stock Store by mpyw @ 11/17/14 03:38 AM

why are b-stock and refurbish are not available outside USA & Canada? We are paying the same cash & shipping anyway...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by exlabdriver @ 11/17/14 02:42 AM

I have a pair of M22s for L & R with a VP160 CC (that I upgraded from a VP100). Because there is so much more content mixed into the center channel as contrasted to several years ago, all you really need is a VP160. It is excellent in that role
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by jakewash @ 11/16/14 11:51 PM

Tough decision. You will gain that upper bass you seek going up to the larger speakers, I did the same upgrade many years ago, only went to the M80. I think you would benefit more from the VP160 upgrade first if you watch movies more than listen to m
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by brwsaw @ 11/16/14 10:29 PM

I haven't tried it but I'd upgrade to a 160 and go from there.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts What will I gain with these upgrades by GregM @ 11/16/14 10:15 PM

About a year ago I upgraded my surrounds to QS-8's and added an HSU Sub. My front three speakers were M22's and the center channel a VP-150. I really like the sound but wonder what I would gain from going to M60's up front and the VP-160 center. I
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Hansang @ 11/16/14 10:05 PM

Damn...good job on the build. That's a lot of work!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Socketman @ 11/16/14 09:54 PM

Fred , don't forget about the plugs on the back. I am not sure what receiver you have but unless the back is open you will need it to be deeper. Richard
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 11/16/14 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsaw2 narrow stands, 1 on each side of the center. Yup. Been on the lookout for something like that too. They need to be 16" deep to accommodate my receiver. Ikea has a nice unit, except it is only 12" deep. Tw
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by brwsaw @ 11/16/14 08:26 PM

2 narrow stands, 1 on each side of the center.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 11/16/14 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowLots of great options ready to buy. Almost tailor made for this. http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S99930065/ In the land of almost... The Besta bench would be perfect, but at 12 5/8" tall I would b
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 11/16/14 05:40 PM

Good weekend. 80 studs installed. 80 waiting to go in. I made a spreadsheet with calculated materials to budget the project and keep costs in perspective. In the original estimate I budgeted 90 studs..... I hope this is the only big whoops in est
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ 11/16/14 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkScrapity, scrape, scrape... Sand, sand... Patch, patch. Whew, that was tough! Sigh, who am I kidding. I can't compete with hazmat suits, LVL beams and vapor barrier. ::slinks off in shame:: When you are putting you
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ 11/16/14 05:09 PM

Lots of great options ready to buy. Almost tailor made for this. http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S99930065/
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 11/16/14 03:22 PM

This is actually ridiculously simple. I could already be projecting except that I'm holding off to see if there will be any Black Friday deals on the W1070. The hardest part of all this seems to be finding a piece of furniture that will accommodate
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.