Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
3 registered (wschwartz, medic8r, MarkSJohnson), 96 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12686 Members
11 Forums
22680 Topics
400422 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17695
pmbuko 16222
SirQuack 13311
CV 11056
MarkSJohnson 10671
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP350 dead by FrankeeD @ 04/14/14 11:30 AM

I pulled the speaker (as per Axiom's recommendation) to see if any wires had come loose, but all were firmly attached. Still waiting for a reply to my last two e-mails about what to do next.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Forum Rule by medic8r @ 04/14/14 11:14 AM

Originally Posted By: BobKayBut you know, what with this new rule and all, we sure are gonna miss Peter, JP and Cam. I made Bob's list! He likes me! He really likes me!!!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Anyone looking to buy a pair of FMS16s w/balls? by SpenceJT2003 @ 04/14/14 11:13 AM

I have upgraded replaced my m22s with a pair of m60s, and have a set of the FMS 16s as well as two boxes of the FMS Stand Weights. http://www.axiomaudio.com/fms-16-full-metal-stand http://www.axiomaudio.com/fms-weight-stands If anyone is int
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Forum Rule by BobKay @ 04/14/14 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By: cohesionThis forum more than any other I know is about exchanging information in a fun way. We certainly don't always agree but everyone is normally extra polite about it. It should not be tolerated for anyone - especially a for
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: About to pull the trigger on M80s by fredk @ 04/14/14 09:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Boomzillabrwsaw - One last question - Have you listened to your M80s full range or do you use a sub? Crossed over where? I'm late to this thread, but I'll answer this one anyway. On most music, you can't tell the difference b
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by fredk @ 04/14/14 09:27 AM

Sacrilege. No Pono for you Mark.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by Serenity_Now @ 04/14/14 09:13 AM

The drop scene is really awesome for dynamics!
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP400 vs. EP500: really a big diff? by fredk @ 04/14/14 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverFor audio only, I have ended up with 2 X M2s plus 2 X EP-400s. This little system is stunningly musical that brings me more pleasure than any gear that I've owned in my 40 year journey through this pastime... TAM Ta
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Captain America Dilemma by fredk @ 04/14/14 09:01 AM

Where's the "Go to a theater with a bar in it, get drunk, get arrested and post the pictures here" option?
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Forum Rule by fredk @ 04/14/14 08:52 AM

Thank you.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP400 vs. EP500: really a big diff? by JBG @ 04/14/14 08:13 AM

4 db is a huge audio gain... the 400 is an 8'' vs 500 12'' http://www.audioholics.com/room-acoustics/the-decibel-db
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP400 vs. EP500: really a big diff? by wschwartz @ 04/14/14 07:35 AM

As I understand it, the v4 EP500 is not ported. I still don't understand why it is said to be much better suited to larger spaces that the EP400 when the max SPL difference is only 4db, equating to only a small increase in maximum perceived loudnes
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Subwoofer cables by MichaelTrottar @ 04/14/14 06:19 AM

Shielding becomes important if you have a long-term cable broadcast antenna nearby, or current carrying conductors parallel to the part of your cable run.
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: ClubNeonI wish the Blu-ray Consortium would finish up the specs the the UHD BD. If they're going to need additional layers, then the PS4 will probably get a multi-layer drive refit. But some members feel that with H.265 more tha
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What video games are you playing tonight? by ClubNeon @ 04/14/14 02:05 AM

I've played the first two Dragon Ages on the PS3, while the third is coming out for it too, I'd rather play it on the newest generation. So that's the reason I'm buying one this fall, for the release of that title. Nothing else has really grabbed me.
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: ClubNeonChild of Light is one of the games I plan on getting when I get a PS4 this fall. What else is coming out for PS4 that you want? I'll have to take another look at the consoles toward the end of the year, too.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by brwsaw @ 04/14/14 01:16 AM

That's pretty interesting. By that model the 1000 is perfect for this room. I was pretty sure it was. Thanks. FWIW I watched the first 2 episodes of Band of Brothers in 3.0 and episodes 3 and 4 in 5.0 last night and at no time did the towers seem str
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What video games are you playing tonight? by ClubNeon @ 04/14/14 01:11 AM

Child of Light is one of the games I plan on getting when I get a PS4 this fall.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 04/14/14 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttleMAD MEN! Can't wait! But I'll always be a day behind.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 04/14/14 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: medic8rHave you seen/heard Hannibal Buress? His recent standup show on Comedy Central was pretty good. I haven't checked him out yet. He'd better blow me away.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by tomtuttle @ 04/14/14 12:45 AM

MAD MEN!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by medic8r @ 04/14/14 12:08 AM

Have you seen/heard Hannibal Buress? His recent standup show on Comedy Central was pretty good.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by Serenity_Now @ 04/13/14 11:48 PM

Hey brwsaw, Someone check my math! You can use an online calculator to find where your speakers will theoretically top out with spl within the rated output of your amp. Then add 3 db for every doubling of speakers playing simultaneosly. Ie. 1
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Captain America Dilemma by brwsaw @ 04/13/14 11:38 PM

Your poll raises an interesting point. Why can't a theater have multiple features. The aquarium we visited last month had air, shakers, wind, etc, in their "4D" theater. Why can't your typical cinema?
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Forum Rule by Serenity_Now @ 04/13/14 11:04 PM

Good stuff. I had never read the rules till just now. I assumed this was already the case. Fantastic.
Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.