I would have to agree with alan, get the 80's for that room. I have the 80's on a carver power amp, and in a temp room while I'm fighting with plaster/drywall in the media room to be. The temp room is small, only 14 wide my 11 long, but it is open to the kitchen, hall etc. MY 80's are about 10"-12" away from the wall in all directions. The bass amazed me the 1st time I heard them, and I was used to hearing cerwin vega d9's, 350watt and good ole 15"woofers.

Well, the vega's are going up for sale as soon as I can afford another set of 80's or 60's to go in that room because I am not missing anything from them. I have a hsu vtf3 sub, I bought it thinking that the 80's wouldn't have enough bass for music compared to the cv's. Of course, I ordered the sub before I had the 80's. Well, ironically, the 80's showed up at the house first, and while I love the vtf3 for movies, I turn it off most times for music. The 80's are just fine without a sub.

My only compplaint about them, and it isn't really even a compliant, is that you need to get a good 4 ohm amp to drive them. MY cv's were 4 ohm as well, so I'm used to it, but nowadays, good cheap and new 4 ohm amps aren't everywhere.

I'll add this as well. Get the 80's as far apart as you can. The imaging really opens up.

btw, nice car

Last edited by newf; 07/08/05 12:51 PM.

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12