I saw Jamie Cullum tonight, fourth row, aisle, in a small theater. I truly think this might be the best concert I've ever been to!

For those unfamiliar with him, this guy is seriously entertaining and quite a musician. He sings, plays piano and keyboards, drums, and guitar. And he does it all with an awesome frenzy of activity....jumping and standing on his piano, whipping the crowd into a frenzy. He played percussion on his piano at several points...you have to see it to believe. Another time he gave the band a break and used a sampler and a mic to first feed in vocalized percussive sounds, and got them looping. Then he added vocalized bass sounds, then chorused many vocal background tracks. he then let those loop while he played piano and sang over them...simply amazing.

He's not the worlds' top vocalist, not pianist, etc....but he's very good at each and wraps them around the most entertaining show you can imagine. And his band is excellent as well...and he gives them the space to prove it.

If you get a chance to see Jamie Cullum and you love music, just go. His studio albums do not capture what he brings to a stage!