I too have back problems. I actually just found out that I have three fractured vertebrae’s from an old injury that never healed. And an uncomfortable seat in a vehicle can be down right painful on long road trips. That being said, out of every vehicle I’ve ever owned, rented, road in or sat in (and there’s been a bunch, including some six digit imports), the most comfortable seats my but’s ever sat in was Volvo. Those Swedes know how to make a comfortable seat. I have furniture that’s made in Sweden too (Ekorness) and man they are nice. Expensive, but very nice and they last for decades.

The second most comfortable car seat for me is my latest truck. Not as comfortable as Volvo, but the extra leg and head room make up for it. I’m not a huge guy, but not average either (been lifting weights for 25 years). Y'all with back problems owe it to yourself to sit in one of the Denali trimmed GMC’s. They have the “ultra soft” leather and quite comfortable with padding in all the right places. I'm loving mine!