Bigwill,
There is no nit picking here.
I think you misunderstand just how easily my EP350 creates the noise.
A 25% gain setting is not large. In fact, i reported in my original post that i had tested the gain at 10-15% (8 oclock mark on the dial) and still heard the chuff but to a lesser extent, although still audible.
The port chuff is created with my onkyo set at a typical listening level for me, around 65 on the 0-100 scale which for an Onkyo 797, is not that loud.
That EP350 should be able to handle the LOTR passage i mentioned as easily as the Hsu subwoofer, but it doesn't even come close.
Some people have mentioned they have had no problems whatsoever with the EP350 and a handful of others have also described the occurrence of the noise and therefore managed to create the port chuff with very little effort.

I've done everything i can think of short of drilling a new, third port hole in it.

For near a thousand dollars Canadian, i'm a bit disappointed. BUT that is not to say the sub doesn't pump out some solid bass otherwise. It rattles my upstairs, 2 floors up, almost as if you were in the basement.
During loud playback or 'busy' movie scenes, you cannot really notice the chuff since it is drowned out by other noise.
Quiet passages that use rumble (starting of a volcano/earthquake in the background, TRex foot coming down during Jurassic Park when the kids are in the car, goblin drums in LOTR in the mines when all is quiet listening after the armour suit fell down the hole, etc.) make the chuff EXTREMELY audible and this takes away from an otherwise quiet scene.

If i turn down the gain, i lose the rumble. If i turn up the gain i get the port chuff. The sub needs to handle it better in my opinion.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."