Some of you know my wife is an Elementary School Teacher. Since we got out of college in 1990, she has taught 1st and 2nd grades. She also has her Masters of Education in Early Childhood Reading, and recently had moved into a new position as the 1st grade Reading Teacher, working with kids that need the most help.

Anyway, a few months ago she received the honor of "Teacher of the Year" for our school district. This was really a great thing as our district is pretty large and there are lots of teachers that were on the list. Elementary teachers usually get beat out by junior/high school teachers. In winning this title, she had to write a 20 page paper that answered 10 questions. In addition, this honor also throws you into a larger bucket for the State of Iowa's Teacher of the Year.

To be honest, she really wanted to fly under the radar a bit, and really didn't think she had a chance in hell to get close to Iowa honor. She also had to pick 3 people to give her a letter of recommendation. Her Principal told her to include the Superintendent of Schools, otherwise, she would not have any chance at all. She really didn't know the guy as he had only been with the district for a year, and he new nothing of her teaching style. So to reduce her chance, she purposely did not use him, and picked 3 Principals she had over the years.

OK HERE WE GO>>>>>>>

She got a call the other day from the Iowa Board of Education, she is in the top 5 and has to interview this Friday. You all need to understand, we have 99 counties in Iowa, and some counties have larger cities with many districts in them. We are estimating that she was up against 150-200 other qualified teachers, and she got in the top 5, oh my.....

If she gets it or not, she still has to speak at a banquet in the Spring, and she hates public speaking. Besides I don't have a dang Suit or Sportcoat that fits me anymore

Oh well, thanks for listening, and if you have any words of encouragement or ideas to help her it is appreciated.

Thanks Randy and Karen

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85