Just curious if it would make sense for Axiom to assign Moderators to the various Forums? As you all know other forums like AVSforum and many others have one or more moderators for each subject area.

I think it would be a benefit for a number of reasons:

1) Axiom staff is limited and not always monitoring the activity on the website, if a few of us were assigned to a forum it may be easier to manage the activity.

2) It would be easier to keep the threads/posts on track with the topic of each forum. I see so many times where new threads are started that have nothing to do with the theme of the forum.

3) A closer eye would be on those who like to cause trouble. I don't like the name "Hall Monitor", but in this case I think it would be a good thing. I don't have a problem with people having their own opinion, that is what is great about democracy. However, this is not a place for people to call others names and make other crude/obnoxious remarks. This activity should not be allowed and should be grounds for removal from the boards immediately.

4) If UBB Threads allow it, we may be able to have "Sticky" threads that stay at the top of each forum that provide answers to FAQ. I like this feature on AVS, and it cuts down on questions that come up regularly as it is the first place a newbie may look before asking a question that comes up a thousand times.

It could be that many of the extra's are not possible with UBBthreads, however, I would think Axiom should be able to grant Monitor rights to a few of us, if we have volunteers.

I want to keep this place the friendly community that it is, and try to regulate the negative aspects that seem to troll up from time to time

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85