Not to offend anyone in any way but this thread somehow reminds me of a conversation I had a while back with a couple of folks regarding A/V equipment. While we were all in agreement I'm sure there will be many who disagree.

We were questioning whether or not some folks were so far deep into tweaking, calibrating, testing and etc that they somehow are missing the whole point. Enjoyment out of listening to good music and watching great video on good equipment.

I probably tweak and mess around with my system like most other folks and I'm sure there are some detailed refinements that can probably be applied to bring the system to absolute peak performance (but can I really tell the difference?). I also know there is better components that will probably blow mine out of the water but I really don't care...I absolutely enjoy the heck out of throwing in a Stevie Ray, Dianna Krall CD or a good movie and then sitting my butt down in the sweet spot with an ice cold beer and listen to the music or the movie. I just wonder sometimes if there are folks who can't or do not enjoy their systems in this manner.

Like I said, please no offense to anybody whatsoever and I'm not trying to insinuate that by doing these shootouts you guys are not enjoying the systems. This particular thread just so happened to remind me of that conversation...that's all.

Last edited by BrotherBob; 11/22/05 10:44 AM.

Rick
Our Room

smile