Will toss in my .$.02 on the quality control at the Axiom factory. Yes Axiom does have what most would consider an assembly line, but its not what most would think of in the usual term. John and I had the full tour and one of the things we had the advantage of seeing and understanding is how the 500/600 amps are assembled. These units are had assembled, no robtics here, and all componets are checked several times as the process moves to a completed unit. Once the amp is placed in the cabinet, it then goes through another test as a complete unit.
Now having a full understanding of how the subs are produced, I can understand how so few defective units every reach a customer, then again, there is the shipping issue. Once packaged and out the door from Axiom they have left the controlled enviroment, and anything is possible.
Am I saying that Axiom can not send out a defective product, of course not. But as for quality control, I will say Ian has assembled a great team, all take pride in the products they make. From being with Ian for a day I can see he is a very laid back owner, and all working at Axiom really enjoy being there. Axiom has one of the best quality control systems I have seen in my life.
So having two ( I think) 500s have issues in a short period of time is a rare accurance since I have been on the forum. Is it reasonable for a customer waiting for the next 500 to be concerned, perhaps. But getting a defective product from any other company can always be a concern as well. Things are not perfect and things go wrong, this is nothing new, and should not be a surprise if it happens to you.