Hey Mike!

I don't know if I can "help", but the utter lack of response to your obviously desperate situation prompted me to post anyway. Anybody looking for help in summarily dismissing B*se products deserves our respect and attention.

I don't have a complete understanding of your dimensional limitations, but how many cubic inches are you actually saving by going from the QS8 to QS4? I'd be reticent to employ the QS4's in a big "ultimate" theatre room, but I do not have a good reason for that position except that I would eventually get the itch to upgrade them.

Since it is a relatively small space, have you considered trying a phantom center channel for a while rather than getting the VP100? It might work pretty well depending upon placement, listening distance and such.

I think running two M22's and a VP100 as a center array in the new room would be possible, but is probably overkill. Also, it would almost undoubtedly require separate amplification; the load posed by three speakers in parallel would be pretty great.

What if...

You get a pair of M22's for current mains and ultimate dual, parallel fronts for the HT room. PLUS -

Option A (your current scenario): QS4's and a VP100. This might actually be okay, but you're going to wonder "what if" in the HT room with the QS4's. You could use them as surrounds and use the VP100 as the single rear channel (6.1).

Option B: QS8's and run a phantom center. When you move to the HT room, buy another pair of QS8's and you're set.

Optopn C: QS8's and a pair of M2's for the loft center. When you move, use the M2's as the rear HT speakers. I actually like this idea a lot, because you could implement full 6.1 right away in the HT room without buying anything extra (a single M2 for the center and for the rear with the M22's as mains). That way, if you didn't want to spend the money on new towers, you'd still have a fully functional HT with no "waste" and a clear upgrade path. When you buy the towers, you move to 7.1 with the M2's in the rear and the M22's in the center. Presto!

I hope you had a nice Christmas. I guess it's always "white" there, eh?

bibere usque ad hilaritatem