Welcome!

I can't believe nobody smart is responding. I'm not sure I can help, but you certainly deserve the courtesy of a reply.

First, I think you'll love your new Axiom system. I have a very similar setup, and I remain thrilled.

I don't know much about the iPod, but my understanding is that you have many options to connect one to virtually any receiver. I think you can use the iPod Universal Dock, but podophiles will certainly offer technical advisories or other strategies.

If I were spending that amount on those two components, I'd consider a ~$500 HK receiver like the 435 or 635. You might be able to find better prices elsewhere, but the company store is a decent place to shop. I would not be at all concerned about factory refurbs. I'd look to either a budget Denon or the Oppo Digital for DVD's. I believe Oppo supplies a DVI-to-HDMI cable. My understanding is that the Oppo performs MUCH better using the DVI rather than the component outputs.

Which does leave us with the problem of your HD cable box. Others with greater expertise will probably chime in here, but I did notice that your luscious TV is cable-card capable. Perhaps you could check to see if Comcast can get you HD signals through a card instead of a box.

The other thing you might consider is a nice universal remote control with macro capabilities. It sure simplified my life (and made my wife happy). Do a forum search for the $159 MX-700 or for Harmony and browse the collective opinions here.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem