Jack
Excellent post! Your reply on the AV123 forum is totallly accurate. I kow this is a stretch and I have no intention of thread hijacking but I read this somewhere and thought that it accurately demonstrates the dynamics behind your statement. Unfortunately I did not get the name of the person who wrote it. It was during a period when I was doing research on religious freedom, but I think it is appropriate to anything.

In reply to:

Each of us has experienced the weight of another's Shadow upon us and have resented it, just as each of us is responsible for casting our own Shadow on others. This is especially true of religion. As individuals, we must find our own spiritual path. But, as soon as an individual finds the source of their own light, they hold it close, and their shadow ends up being cast out on everything else. The stronger the light, and the closer we hold it, the larger and darker the shadow looms. Until everything but your own light seems like darkness.

I'm not trying to be heavy here. I just think it is human nature to defend the choices we make. The more we research and invest time and especially MONEY into that decision, the more we will defend it. The most important thing is "we are all right" for our particular set of circumstances. Ears, room acoustics, personal preferences and yes even appearance. All of this is opinion. That is why it is essential to listen and maybe even look closely, (if that is what is important to you) to what you think you want to buy.
Why take my word for it? I'm older, and Im sure have decreased sensitivity to high frequencies. Do you want to take my word for it? I wouldn't! But I'll give it to you anyway.

(to the original poster)

I have the M60ti in a stereo only set up. I had heard all the suff about Axiuoms making you ears bleed with their extreme brightness. THEN I AUDITIONED THEM. THIS IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO GET ACROSS. For me and my personal preferences, I thought they were great. My opinion is that the speakers are very "detailed". That means they will reproduce the source material for better or worse. That means sometimes they seem bright. Sometimes I think I'm getting listener fatigue. Then I change the CD and put on a disc that is considered an "audiophile quality" recording. Considered by whom? It doesn't really matter. The thing is that these speakers have the ability to blow my socks off with certain source material. Just today I listened to two live recordings. First I listened to Jerry Garcia Band "Don't Let Go Live" 1976. The guitar and vocals on this cd sounded very good for the year and the fact that it was a live recording, but the drums sounded awful. I thought there was something wrong with my speakers. I then put on Eric Clapton Live at the Hammersmith 1974, and all was well. The thing is you have to listen, and if at all possible (with Axiom it is)listen in your own space. There is so much more than the drivers, tweeters and the box design going on.There is room size and shape and characteristics. There is also furnishings, carpeting and whether or not there are drapes on the windows.

I think it is great that you have made your way to the Axiom forums. It shows that you did your homework. You probably read many many reviews. I would wager that most of them were positive, but there were a few that made you have doubts. I had them too. That is when I set up an audition. That is what you should do as well. Audition as many other brands as you can also. That way you won't be constantly wondering "Did I make the right decision?" Whatever you do don't let reviews or someone else make you decision for you.
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon