Hi (cross post from www.audioholics.com)
Any suggestions would be most welcome! I've started my HT upgrade and have just purchased a Yami RX-V2600 - next stage is speakers. I've spent some time on this site reading posts / reviews and even taken the advice to audition speakers at the local HIFI shop.

Here is my list of wants for a Speaker Set up:
1) Due to the room config, I'm assuming 5.1 will be the best config (see pic at http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2496&d=1136672370). The room has floorboards (no carpet).
2) I am 80% TV, 15% Movies, 5% Music (mainly parties)
3) I am in Sydney Oz so I need local availability
4) I'm a "Value for Money" over "Prestige" type of guy - but can move a bit on price (see below config I'm considering)
5) From auditioning speakers I very much prefer the sound from full size fronts, a sub that is integrated (not distractive), and a crisp clear integrated front soundstage (I hate the muddied sound from my current front/centre combo)
6) Must handle the power of the V2600 (I've damaged speakers from overdriving in my old system one New Year Eve!)

Given all of that, I have been attracted to the Axiom brand but can not audition it out here in Syd. The return policy is good (has a Syd drop off) but due to not wanting to get divorced, I will be purchasing the set up over a couple of months so will not be able to test it as a complete package (the first will be the back surrounds as one of the current speakers is stuffed!).

So what do you think about the following (or other options):
- Front M60ti (don't think the V2600 will like the 400w/4ohm M80's???)
- Centre VP150 (are they going to be a good soundstage match to the fronts??)
- Surrounds QS8 (but is 400w overkill for the V2600, yet they are only $100 more than the QS4?)
- Sub EP350 (but less worried about matching this from the same MFR)

Thanks
Nathan

Last edited by jmone; 01/08/06 06:11 AM.

HT:M80,VP150,QS8,EP500 Outside:4xM3 Office:AudioBytes, Rumpus: M60,VP150,M22 Portable:2 x Airs