John, I probably won't be a lot of help, but I'm always willing to give an opinion.

There is a lot of controversy about power centers, and even surge protectors. There are those who feel they make a positive difference in the way your system sounds. Many others feel that is baloney. I would never claim my system sounds better because of my power center.

There are those who feel they provide only limited protection for your equipment. I've heard stories which say that, should the worse happen, and your equipment is destroyed by a lightning strike, you have little chance in getting the company to cover your loss UNLESS you have documentary proof that everything was hooked up precisely as instructed in the manual and warranty. They just say you didn't, and deny your claim. I don't know if any of this is true.

That being said, I've owned the Monster 2600, and now own the PureAV PF60. I bought them because I liked the features they offer, and NOT because I feel they make my system sound better, or offer total protection against all eventualities. They keep my AC plugs organized; they have timed outlets (with the PF60 I can program which outlets, and how many, are delayed); they give me an idea of what is going on with my power, and I like the way they look, particularly the PF60.

Like BrotherBob, I'll have to leave it to others with more knowledge to say if they really do provide comprehensive protection for your equipment. Regardless, they provide me with some peace of mind and I'd rather have one than not.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton