Just bought a new 6.1 Yamaha 100wpc receiver and want to also upgrade my current speakers. Own AR 3-way bookshelves as front main, and smaller bookshelves for surrounds. Room is lively with hardwood floors partially covered; 3200 cubic feet plus very wide open floorplan (very wide opening to adjacent huge kitchen). Will be keeping very musical sub that is still wonderful.

Have M22ti speakers in my home for trial right now (better than the AR338s in some very desirable ways) -- I'm wanting more "dynamicism" out of my mains than the 22s can offer. Don't get wrong, over my "twice the price" ARs, these 22s do a much nicer job on male and female vocals, and in presenting the vocal up front in the soundstage. I'm thinking I want something with more "oomph" though I do not have to have serious low end in the mains due to the sub. I am not restricted to having speakers on stands.

By auditioning new mains, lately I've really starting enjoying listening to my music again (I'm actually making time to just sit and listen nowadays). Could it be the 22s? So my needs are 60% music/40% HT.

Now the second part -- the Yamaha 6.1 speaker setup recommendation has 3 rear speakers (no sides) situated along the rear wall. I'm looking for a recommendation on best surrounds for my room configuration.

My sweet spot chair sits within 1.5 - 2 meters of all three rear speaker locations (from the back of my chair to the rear wall is approximately 1.5 meters); this chair is also located about 6-7 meters away from the front main speakers and RPTV.

Assume I keep the 22s in one scenario, and assume I do not keep the 22s in another scenario.

Your help is greatly appreciated!