Took the wife to Tweeters Sunday under the pretense, "We're going to need a digital video camera to film the baby as he grows up." Looked at cameras for 2 minutes, looked at big screens for 15 minutes (5 minutes of which was spent arguing with the salesman about his prevarications), and then stopped by the super-high-end audio room.

Salesman popped in some jazz (he had left me for a less hostile customer a little earlier) and cranked up the volume on their Denon receiver. It sounded exactly like my system! I mean EXACTLY!!! No BS, I thought I was at home listening to my own stuff.

I moved over to check out the speakers. Medium-brown wood cabinets, very nicely done (warm, not too much lacquer). About the size of my M60s. I think they were Martin Logans, but I can't remember for sure because when I saw the price - $4,400+ each - I was stunned.

I'm sure that if I were to do an A/B comparison between the two speakers, the differences would be apparent. They would have to be significantly better for $8,000+ more, right?