Quote:

Brock, what kind of speakers are you running now?

By the way, it's good that you are thinking about the room because it can have a great impact on the sound of things.

At the moment, none...this is going to be my first step up from lousy HTIB type stuff, and I don't even have that at the moment because it didn't make the move out here (not that I didn't want to bring it, but while helping me move my brother dropped 'em down a flight of stairs. I guess in the long run he probably did me a favor).

My plan at the moment is to start with a good pair of main speakers, the Outlaw rr2150, and a good universal disc player (still hunting on this piece of the equation). I'll then add pieces as I can to get to a full 5.1 setup. I'm looking at the Outlaw stereo receiver instead of a surround receiver because it'll probably be a while before I start adding on, and it seems foolish to tie myself down to a surround receiver before I really need it - there's likely to be a better unit at a better price by the time I'm ready for it, but I figure a decent stereo receiver will always have a place somewhere in my home.