I just purchased a pair of m22's and an ep175, and they sound fanstastic. I also have an Onkyo 595, which I think does the job quite well. The weak link in my system is the cd player, which is a Kenwood CD 204. It's not terrible, considering it was only $79, but the highs are especially poor--(It's definitely not the m22's that are at fault because I hear the same harshness through my Grado headphones).

So, what would be a good upgrade for my system? I figure I will be able to save money if I buy a DVD player instead of a cd player (because I'll buy a DVD eventually anyway). I'm looking for something in the neighborhood of $300 (or less, if possible). The Toshiba SD-5700 looks good as far as features--it's DVD-Audio capable--buy I haven't heard much about the actual sound. Does anyone have experience with this model (or others similar to it), or know of a website that reviews DVD players based on their sound more than their video?

Am I wrong in thinking I can get a DVD player that is up to the level of the rest of my system for around $300?

Thanks,
Tim