Tom-
You're placating him!

Seriously: Randy, you know that I, possessor of thy room that seriously sucketh, can sympathize. And I have come to believe that at some point, you need to make a decision as to whether or not you want to completely re-do a room with acoustic treatments or just learn to let it go and enjoy your system.

But you other guys need to realize that it truly IS frustrating to have really bad graphs. It's very hard to shake the nagging suspicion that others really ARE enjoying their systems more than you can in your situation.

You guys know I love analogies:

Imagine that you bought this great dream car… let's call it the Porsche M80. And you spend time on all these forums with other Porsche M80 owners describing how they can feel the texture of the road because it handles so well, and when the situation warrants it, they can floor it and just "fly" with the 300 horses under the hood. Only in the county you live in, the weird new county administrator (we'll call him Ohm) has managed to get a new law passed that restricts all cars' horsepower by 30%.

You can still enjoy your Porsche M80 to some degree, but you just know that you're not experiencing it the way others are and that there's something missing.

And the only way to get full use out of it is to make some drastic change….like hunting down and killing the town administrator and setting him up in a sleazy hotel with props that make it look like he was robbed and killed by a hooker on a four day crack binge, but then of course, you have to find a hooker that frequents the motel and kill her too, taking evidence off her to plant in the motel room to connect her with the other murder. Better: The town administrator's car needs to be given to the hooker's pimp with the murder weapon under the back seat to setup a scenario of the pimp killing them both over a payment dispute. Or…. Was she an informant to the administrator? Oh yeah. Don't forget to steal her cell phone the day before and make two calls to the county administrator's office to get him to the motel. That will set up the link between them.

See how hard it is to get good sound in a room that sucks?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::