Quote:

The differences you cite between the Denon and the Yamaha simply do not exist in the non-subtle way you describe. Much, if not all, of the perceived can be attributed to "sight bias" -- your eyes have more influence over your perception of sound than you may realize -- and even very slight differences in the loudness of each device at the time you compared them.

Time and time again, perceived differences collapse to statistical insignificance when the testing is done in a controlled environment that minimizes as many variables as possible.

Okay... I think I've have enough. I first asked what did you guys used to power your M60's so I could get a few recommendations. Then, after reading and reading some more I wanted to get the Denon 2807 for what I've already said in previous posts. So...You already know the story and I'm going to be as clear as possible. There was a difference whether you want to believe it or not. And I'll tell you more...there was much more difference between the to receivers in discussion than between my M60's and the Monitor Audio speakers they used there. I'm a professional musician, been playing for more than 25 years and I do know and understand sound. I can more than tell you about soundstage, I can tell you about how clearly the notes on a piano or a guitar can be heard...the actuall voicing on the chord being played. Obviously this may be done on any stereo but is WAY easier on some systems than others. Acoustic bass for example is very hard to define on poor sounding stereos, not so difficult on a pair of M60's with a good power amp-receiver. So please...if you don't have the knowledge or the ears don't assume that is impossible to hear a difference in amps...it's just plain ignorant...As far as "my eyes" being the one to blame let me tell you...how about no lights, dark room kind of listening. You see, my testing was done on a VERY controlled enviroment. Be my guest man, try it yourself and if you can't tell one amp from the other then you need a new pair of ears...if you do percieve a tonal difference then you may choose a favorite...it's that simple.

P.D. I'm really sorry I have to bring this attitude but this guy was just too much.

osvi