Quote:

I'm hoping someone has a good recipe for a margarita. Love the things, I just can't manage to make one I like.

Love the topic. OK, I'll take a crack at the margarita request by sharing my 2 margarita recipes.

This first recipe is for making a pitcher for a crowd, but does scale down (by eye). It is basically the traditional 3:2:1 ratio for margaritas. It is a little on the sweet side, and can be adjusted.

1 12 oz Can Limeade
2 Cans of water (yes, use the can as the measuring device)
2 cans of tequila of choice (for margaritas I like Cuervo Gold, I save the Patron etc for straight sipping)
1 Can of Cointreau (or the Citronage, which I really like!)
Juice of one lemon
Splash of orange juice (completely optional)

Now you've got the base for the drink. As you need to make margaritas, fill shaker with ice, add margarita, and shake for a LOOOOOONG time. Pour into ice filled glass with salted rim. Other options: you can use lemonade instead of limeade, and then add some lime juice at the end instead of lemon. You can use triple sec or other less expensive orange liquer, but I'm really a fan of the more flavorful options.

I recommend you try this in these proportions once, and then adjust as you like (personally I like it less sweet, so I use less frozen mix), but my wife likes it this way, as do most of our guests.

The second recipe is basically squeeze a lime (hopefully getting about an oz) into a shaker. Add 1.5 - 2 oz of simple syrup, 2 oz of tequila (with this recipe I'll use the good stuff), 1 oz of Cointreau. Shake thoroughly, and strain into a martini glass. Enjoy!

Rich