Quote:

It all sounds really good... Can I put in a request for foofy drink recipes? My wife likes them, and I don't like to drink alone.

Maybe I should start a separate thread for foofy drinks.

Yesterday afternoon on a whim I bought some rum and some fruit for daquiris. It was such a pleasant, not too hot day I thought I would try something different, and my wife loves the froo-froo drinks too. This is what I did:

1 (ripest you can find) banana or equivalent in other very ripe fruit. We used strawberries and fresh pineapple as well. You can mix/match as well.

1 splash Triple-Sec.

2 splashes Rose's sweet lime.

about a teaspoon extra-fine sugar (it dissolves intantly, regular granulated sugar may not dissolve completely leaving your drink gritty).

2 oz dark rum or to taste (I pushed the "to taste" envelope as the night wore on).

1 1/2 cups ice.

Put into blender and blend until ice is well mixed. I like the "frappe" setting which makes it like a smoothie.

This will make 2 drinks or drink in a big margarita glass. If you double it up (which would be about a full blender) use a little less ice or it could get watery.

Something I want to try that one of our guests suggested is using frozen fruit and little/no ice. This gives a more fruity flavor. Sounds good, although my response was "I feel fruity enough drinking these as it is."

LJ

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti