Rich!

I really like the sound of the Painkiller. I'm not so keen on the "creamy" drinks that JP mentioned, because they make my stomach hurt.

I have always loved the idea of an Axiom gathering, and long thought that the highest concentration of fun Axiomites in a decent climate is The Republic of Texas. I'm predisposed to spend time and money on such an opportunity.

Some time ago, I started to scale back the level of Cointreau I use in drinks. Perhaps it is just me (after all, different people have different levels of perception to certain compounds), but I've just found that the Brandy taste tends to be a bit overpowering. By using half Cointreau and half Triple Sec, I get a bit sweeter and more intense orange flavor, and save a little money in the bargain. Again, I use Gran Gala, because I think it is every bit as good as either Gran Marnier or Cointreau at about half the price, and it's Italian instead of French.

I'll offer the following, which is the product of the genius and time of a dear friend of mine:

Chris' Perfect Lemon Drop

3 oz good vodka
1 oz Cointreau
1 oz Lemoncello liqueur
1 tsp superfine sugar or to taste
Juice of one good lemon

Shake lustily. Strain into chilled martini glass.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem