EDIT: You guys aren't going to believe this, just phoned Future Shop and they told me no stores in Canada have any VSX1015's left...back to square 1!!

I have been debating in my mind weather or not I want a receiver that does analog to HDMI conversion so I can just run 1 HDMI cord to the projector. I have priced it out and the cost a 40ft component cable is $125 (bluejeanscable.com). If i put that $125 toward a reciever that does analog to HDMI out, then i wouldn't have to buy that 40ft Component cable. The problem is that a decent receiver that does analog to HDMI conversion is alot more than $125 more than a reciever that doesn't.

A part of me just didn't want the hassle of switching the projector on video inputs, i loved the idea of having one input, HDMI, and all my video will go through the reciever and out through the HDMI.

Alas another good reason to save my money is that HDMI is still being revised for optimum performance and is a pretty new technology.

Thanks for the tips everyone! I will most likely go for that Pioneer, I wanted the Yamaha V1600 REALLY badly, I have been reading good things about Yamaha, I guess this time around I will save my money. I can get it on Ebay from the states including shipping ending around $850CAD...but no Canadian warranty, i don't think I want to take that gamble with such a large purchase.

This will be my first Audiophile system and my first projector purchase. I will most likely be blown away regardless of what receiver I use!

Thanks again everyone, you guys are a great help.

-Robb.

Last edited by Hutzal; 08/17/06 07:28 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com