Ken I have one of those Belkin units and I like it very much. Unfortunately, I am unable to tell you how well it performs during an outage. I have a lousy power company that has more frequent power outages than I'd like (usually just a few seconds, but sometimes considerably longer, including the one that wiped out a huge chunk of Eastern North America, for 12 hours +, a few years ago). However, since purchasing the UPS, there hasn't been a single one.

Apparently it doesn't really matter which UPS you get. Just get any one, and you'll never have another power outage again.

By the way, the Belkin UPS doesn't have a blue light. The Belkin Power conditioners do, but not the UPS.

The 4 unlit icons at the top of the display are only lit when:

Top left: The battery is supplying power to your equipment (you've had a power failure)
Top right: You have a wiring fault
Bottom left: You've overloaded the battery (the equipment connected to the UPS is drawing more power than the battery can supply)
Bottom right: You need to replace the battery

The unlit scale (bottom left of the display) is only lit when equipment plugged into the UPS is operating, and indicates the percentage of the available battery capacity the operating equipment will use in the event of a power failure (20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%).

The lit scale (bottom right of the display) is always lit and indicates the percentage of available battery capacity (20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%).