It seems no matter where I set the level on the 350 the auto setup always sets the sub to +15,I can set it at 9:00 or max it out and it will always set it to +15,I'm not sure but I seem to recall someone else here saying there Denon I believe did the same thing.Afterwards if I go into the speaker trim settings it will show the settings as something like f=0,ctr-2,fr+1,sr+2,sl+3,sw0 ???.
By the -10,+10 all I meant was in the articles I read that was a example of how wide a difference different "experts" say to set the trim.That is part of my confusion,the wide difference of opinion on how to calibrate a sub.Do I run the auto set up and then use the test disc lf-sub to set the level ? I am assuming the reciever is bumping the level to whatever and showing that in the trim settings as a reference point ??? I know if I go into the subwoofer trim menu it will show the setting as 0,but it will also show in the same menu the DTS setting as +15.I might be over analyzing but I just thought I'd try to match everything out right and take it from there.Just for yuks I googled subwoofer calibration and was surprised at just how wide a difference of opinion there is.That was the basis of this post.
A little more info here,I started out with the 350 at about 10:30 or so and it was fine untill you start getting loud then everything in the house not nailed down vibrates.Maybe a low 7:00 trim is right ? My setup is in a appr.15-22 room that is basicly a concrete bunker and I always have gotten good bass.I started out with just a small 50 watt Yamaha from a htb and it was fine at about 2/3 power.I moved up to a huge Velodyne and 1/6 was plenty.I am just totaly lost trying to do my 350,hope the additional info helps.
Al

M60-VP150-M3-EP350
Boston AVR7120