Hi all. My first post here, but I've been reading for a while.
I'm building a new house, and considering new speakers. I have a pair of Mirage M760's that are now 17 years old. They still sound great to this day, but I'm thinking it's time for new ones, especially with the nice finishes available. I'm really concerned with sound quality. I'm 50/50 with music and movie soundtracks, but more concerned with music (I figure if it sounds great with music, movies will be fine too).
I've been reading about the M60's and the M80's. My first thought was the 80, but I'm wondering about the 4ohm spec.
I have the new Yamaha RX-V2700; 140x7. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether or not the Yammie will drive the 80's ok, or would I be better off with the 60's?
Also, if it helps, here's a link to the floorplan of the house. I've marked speaker locations for 7.1 with red dots (forgot to mark the sub; surrounds will be ceiling mounted), and the sofa location with a red line. The sofa will be about 12 feet away from the equipment wall (the wall with the three dots L,C,R). Mains will be about 8 feet apart. The house has a vaulted ceiling, with the highest point being about 14 feet or so. The great room is open to the kitchen, breakfast area, foyer, dining room (typical of Florida construction).
Here's the floorplan:
http://www.pbase.com/image/69101207

Thanks!
Jack

Last edited by Jacksmyname; 10/24/06 03:24 PM.