Hi all!

A friend with Axiom M60s recommended that I post on here to ask which speakers would best suit my specific needs, set-up, room and budget.

I presently have an old pair of Ohm C2 speakers. They are very well-rounded and good with highs and mids, and very accurate in the bass department. For the most part, I enjoy them. But I’ve been considering trying Axioms for a while just to see what a newer speaker will sound like with this system. I tried six kinds of vintage speakers before sticking with these.

My set-up:
Adcom GFA-555 mkII power amp
Adcom GFP-565 pre amp
Dual 1219 tt
Marantz CD player
iPod - yes, I believe in digital music and that it can sound good too.
XM satellite radio - Pioneer Inno tuner/mp3 player
Luxman KX-101 cassette deck
Luxman R-1050 receiver (not in use at the moment)

I mention my sources because they matter as much, if not more, than the amp/pre. I listen to CDs and digital music more than vinyl.

The room I've got is difficult, not much space for playing around and positioning, sadly. And, I can't have a boomey bass as it's an apartment and directly below where my stereo lives is the neighbor's bedroom. Blah!

I'm looking at the M30 and the M22. Down the line, if money flows out of the sky, I'll try the M60s. (But I don't think this apartment is right for them.) And if the money keeps flowing, I’ll also try the Musical Fidelity amp I’ve been dreaming of.

So, my question is: What set-up matches my system and room needs the best? Will the M30 be enough? I can't listen to music loudly, nor do I want to. But I like the way the Ohms are good on all fronts and if I leave the room I can still hear every detail.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Zoë