In the hope that I dont come off to you guys as a complete TOOL I need to clear things up. I posted another reply right after I saw psychobabble's post - stating a bit more clearly my feelings. Coming back to the thread, I realize my post went to where ever good posts go to die...

Anyway... my thoughts above are meant as humor, I DO realize there is more to autos than going fast. I have spent quite a few hours on the track in various cars, and most recently a Miata. My cousin races in the Spec Miata Challenge here in SoCal (their most recent race was actually this weekend up at Laguna Seca).

The Miata is a fantastic car, almost track ready "out of the box", and what it gives up in pure speed, it completely makes up for in the fun to drive and handling categories. On the flip side, the S2000 (I've never track driven this car, but I have spent some fun time behind the wheel of one on Palomar Mountian) is as fun to drive in almost every way. Yes it's a bit heavier, and yes, its not as balanced. But, it really makes up for both of those facts in its smoothness and "revhappyness". Its an absolute blast to keep this car above 6000 rpm flying around mild corners - it makes the most wonderful sound!

I also fit better in the S2000 - its still not all that comfy, but its at least passable. I cant spend more than 30 minuets in the Miata (even as a passenger) unless the stock seat is replaced by a flush mounted Recaro.

FYI, I drive an Audi A4 as my daily, soon to be replaced by a Truck - I'm jumping into the Pro 7's class here in SoCal at the start of next season (February!!!).

There, I feel much less TOOL like