Since I am going to be ordering a pair of M60's, I wanted to check 2 things...

1) How far apart should the M60's be placed for a good soundstage ?

In my preferred location, I am restricted to placing them a maximum of 5 and 1/2 feet apart with my listening position (stereo only) being 9-feet away.

In an alternate location, I can place them 8 or even 9-feet apart with listening position at 10-15 feet away.

Which in your opinion would give better results for stereo 2-channel mode ?

2) I am currently using a Japanese made center speaker similar to the VP100 (purchased 10 years back) which sounds pretty good for HT and 5-channel music too. But I have that incredible itch (or should I say urge) to upgrade to an Axiom boston cherry (which would look so much more cuter than the current 'ugly' black box center speaker that I currently own).

I have read several posts on people using M2i's for centre and had several questions regarding this.

Is anybody using M2i center with M60's as main speakers ? How does it sound ? From what I have read the M60 floostanders are more efficient than the bookshelf models of Axiom. Does that mean I would have to boost the centre channel level by several db if I used the M2i ?

The M2i has a vortex port at the back. If I place the M2i flush against the wall (vortex port blocked) or maybe 1 inch away from the back wall, will it still sound equally good ? Or will I get better sound from a VP-xxx (specially when using M60's as main speakers)

Thank you for your time and comments.