Quote:

tmoyak,

I wondered how long it would take before thoughts surfaced of how to take the power beyond the 1.4 kilo-watts that one of these amps can output. I know I have been considering this as well.

The best way to utilize the power of more than one of these amplifiers is to divide up the channels between them (i.e. one for the 4 surrounds and one for the 3 front channels). Since each amp module can pass the entire power output of the power supply there is no particular need to parallel or bridge them. You would want a separate 15 amp breaker for each amp though.

I have been thinking of trying 4 of them on my system (2 M80s, 2 VP150s, 4 QS8s, and 3 EP600s); though at this juncture I am still enjoying the boost in power I got from removing all my mono blocks and putting in one of these new amps.

But if you wanted to max a system like mine with power the equation would go as follows: your maximum possible power consumed at each speaker (determined by the impedance of your speakers), times the number of channels you have, divided by 1,400. For myself that works out pretty much to be: 700 watts x 8 = 5,600 watts / 1,400 = 4 amps. This of course would mean a stereo version of the amp would make more sense and we will be sure to have one available.

Doing all this would only matter of course if there was maximum demand from multiple channels all at once since the limiting factor with one amp is not the power available to each channel but rather the overall power available to all channels all at once.

Ian, three EP600's? That's a lot of woofage. What size room are they located in? If you try to manage too much into too little, is there a disadvantage other than spending a lot of money that could be spent on amplifiers?

"Never, never, never give up "... Winston Churchill