Quote:

But the question still remains, how will it do in double blind listening test. No matter how the power is achieved it is about the sound..............no?

I have no doubt that the folks at Axiom will be listening to this amp vs. all they have in stock which includes their Brystons, Yamahas, and of course Sherwood Newcastle units.
I only hope i get the chance to head back to the Factory to hear the same at some point. We were planning another spa trip to the area this year but alas, we're heading to Halifax instead.

Quote:

How can a person justify recommending this 4K amp if this is what they believe to be true?

I can't say what Alan's motives may be but after all, he does work for Axiom.
If people believe in separates, different amps, etc. and their sonic abilities, who is anyone to say Axiom cannot cater to that crowd?
Some believers will always be believers, hard core one way or the other. A business is still a business and Axiom can provide products for every customer that wants more or bigger.
Look at the new wood covered speakers. I recall many years back someone stating they would probably not add wood finishes because of the cost. They had customers willing to pay more. Now they have two flavours for both sizes of pocket books.
It just makes good business sense.

Last edited by chesseroo; 05/18/07 02:00 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."