Hi terzaghi,

Yes, I've auditioned Dynaudio speakers on various occasions. The Danish company has been building drivers for many years and complete speaker systems for some time. Some of the Scandinavian research into acoustics and speaker design parallels what has occurred at the National Research Council in Canada, where Axioms models were developed and measured.

The Dynaudio speaker systems are very good but absurdly overpriced and certainly no more neutral or detailed than the Axiom M80s, M60s, or M22s with a sub. As an example, at the just completed Home Theater & Entertainment Show at the Hyatt in New York, I just heard a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1's, a rather peculiar looking large compact 2-way on stands. All the Dynaudio speakers are 4 ohms.

The C1's were very nice, so I inquired about the price. "The retail of these speakers is $6,500 per pair," the young man told me. I said, "Are you serious?" and he replied "yes."

Now, I would happily put a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1s in a double-blind test against a pair of Axiom M80s, M60s or a pair of M22s with an EP500, and I can tell you right now which pair you'd select as superior sounding--either of the Axiom towers or the M22s with the EP500.

I've heard the Evidence but it was a poorly run demo--much too loud--so I'll withhold judgment on them until I've heard them in better circumstances.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)