Thanks everybody!

I feel blessed to have found such a nice community to hang out in. You guys (and gals) are too cool. You make it easier to begin my last year in my thirties.

I'm working on my birthday, but I'm fresh off a week in Miami, so I can't complain. I went down there for some continuing education (got to do 30 hours/year). Mrs. Medic8r and Medic8r Jr. were along for the (plane) ride and we all had a really good time. Nolan had never seen the ocean before, and he loved it. He was very brave. Not knowing that Tropical storm Barry was hitting Tampa, we went to the beach in some gray, windy weather the first day. Nolan was really calm though, as he sat on my knee on the water's edge.

The last three days were much better, the typical high 80s with scorching sun. Only the Mrs. got a burn; we manly folk stayed under the umbrella more.

Got a sweet conference deal on the Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort and Club and the grounds there were splendid. If you ever get a chance to stay at a Fairmont, jump on it. I've been eyeing some of the others, especially the lodge in Banff Springs, Alberta. Truly beautiful. Canada rocks! (with Axioms!!!)

But I digress. Life is good at Medic8r Manor, where tonight the wife is cooking spaghetti with homemade sauce (a special treat) and German Chocolate cake.

Tom, my tastes lie in the brown ale to stout spectrum of the beer rainbow, so have something dark for me. I'll probably pop open a Guinness or Newcastle.

Thanks again all, for a second year of birthday wishes. Has it been that long? Maybe by the big 40, I'll have posted some pics of the newly-named Navajome Theater (formerly Stately Swing Manor Imperial Armchair Theater), and maybe I'll have burned sonicfox that TMBG CD I've been promising ever since she did that electronic mix for us.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.