Originally Posted By: Hutzal
next time ask him if he was comparing 100 ft of 28 gauge to 100 feet of 10 gauge...

sheesh.

They state it is 12 gauge 14ft long, but it doesn't state whether or not it is a tube amp vs electronic nor whether or not the load was the same at each end.

What caught my eye was the fact the interconnects are 5 meters long. Why so long? For most configurations less than 1 meter will do.

Also this... "Because this system utilizes just 5.25" coaxial speakers, the low frequency roll-off can clearly be seen in both cases, but this has nothing to do with the cables. This is due to the fact that the system was not designed to play low frequency bass, and cuts that information out."
Was this due to the amplifiers being crossed over at 150hz or as they suggest due to speaker design. I would not think that due to a speakers inabilty to reproduce low frequency, the signal to it should also drop off. Does it?

I have a question about the Coaxials they were using or just in general. Do they not have a limited high frequency range as well? If so this could lead to the sloping graph at the higher frequency range, if the speaker design is the cause of the poor graph upto 150hz?

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70