Hmmmm. I didn't have an upconverting DVD player before my A2. My Denon 3608 is supposed to do that but the difference was so minimal I wondered if it was just in my head.

However, the difference for me in going from a regular Toshiba DVD player to a Toshiba A2 and a true HD movie was PHENOMENAL. Admittedly, older movies that were just drug out of the bins and re-released in HD format are not as impressive at all. The new movie I own in both formats is Batman begins. The difference between the two was actually more than I expected it to be.

Even my Dad who is visiting for a few days to refinish a dresser for us commented on the picture and normally wouldn't say a word if you drove him around the block in the space shuttle.

Anyways, maybe the Oppo is just that good or maybe it's some equipement combo or maybe its just my subjectivity being variable to yours. In any case, if your not happy, thats whats important but I'm betting you can find a buyer pretty quick. Maybe another Canadian board member here who couldn't access the sub hundred deal. Of course you can't advertise her but since I've sparked the thought just as a suggestion, I'm sure it would be OK if someone PMed you.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.