I know what you are saying BrotherBob... It should work out of the box. Everything should be that way, but they aren't. Cars, even expensive cars, have recalls, electronic components DO have manurfacturing failures, heck, some people have even had to send their Axioms back because something got crossed in shipping or manufacturing. It DOES happen. I still think that something else is in play here. If you weren't impressed with the video, than something was wrong. If it was the HD-DVD player with a failure, you would think that it wouldn't output at all instead of what seems like a "downgraded" picture to start, and then somehow a total drop out of signal. Either you got a lemon, or something outside of the HD-A2 isn't playing nice. Call it a POS if you want, you are entitled, and after a frustrating day of messing around, I think that anyone would be upset, but overall people are very happy with the HD-A2.

The firmware is easy enough to do. If you plug the box into your internet at home (assuming you have high speed with a Cat5 network cable) or download and burn the firmware to a CD. Hell, I'd be willing to burn a CD with the firmware on it and mail it to you myself, just because we are one big (mostly) happy family here. If you want me to, shoot me a PM with your address sometime today so that I can get it ready and out in the mail tomorrow. Life should not be so tough when trying to improve a hobby like this one.

Last edited by nickbuol; 11/02/07 08:42 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Farewell - June 4, 2020