Originally Posted By: eddieg
I find your setup interesting. I planned on using M22's as surrounds (primarily listen to music). As I don't have any room behind me I was advised to place facing one another on side walls so they are directed over the middle of the couch. I wonder if I'd be better putting them at the back wall and toeing them in a bit. Based on where I'm seated one speaker will be about3 feet away from me and the other about 5. My processor can compensate for the distance. What do you think?

The setup i tried at our old place was limited in getting the M22s moved around too much. Mostly at the sides, where shown, but i did place with distances and toeing a bit. I never did put them directly behind the seating position since the 5.1 setup usually defaults to side surrounds, not rears. In a 6.1 and 7.1 setup, the rears are added.
As such, in your situation, it would make most sense to have the M22s to the side. I doubt you will need to do anything with toe in, unless you choose to place them more towards the rear of the seating area.
Definitely take your time to setup the distances and SPL calibration especially. If the surrounds are too loud, it will really detract from the subtle information they are supposed to present with the mains.
If you listen mostly to music, i think you will find their presentation very pleasant, though a bit more tweaky than plunking in some diffuse firing speakers like a QSx. Tweaking is half the fun.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."