Subject says it all. I've been listening to music on cheap systems for a long time and its time to step up to something nicer.

I have spent a lot of time here and on some other forums reading and have been very impressed by any and all reviews of Axiom products. They seem to be consistantly ranked as performing well beyond their price point and at levels acceptable to the discerning listener.

As a reference point, once uppon a time ago I owned a pair of advents (from when they were a one speaker company). While not the ideal speaker, they were a good start and served me well for many years.

My environment/constraints:

Small room in an apartment, 20x11x8 feet
(very)limited budget but willing to build over time (Paradigm studios are not in my future)
This is primarily for music, but surround for my soon to be purchased 50" rptv would be nice.

I enjoy a wide range of music from classical/jazz to rock with the latter being the main foucus. Artists like Niel Young, ELP, Yes, genesis, Alan Parsans, Floyd, Lead Zeppilin, Clapton ...

I do listen to jazz classical and blues on the radio when I can.

As an amateur guitarist (Yamaha fg360, she's my baby) I have a good ear for music and can appreciate high quality sound even if I can't exactly afford it.

What I have learned from all my reading so far: 5.1 is not just for movies so my decision is more complicated than "I like that pair of speakers best and thats all I can afford". There are a lot of speaker companies out there and I havn't heard of most of them.

So, given the above info, how do the advents (as a reference point) compare to Axiom's current offerings and how do you folks suggest I proceed.

Fred