So, our basement is getting completely redone so my dad's setup is scattered about upstairs. Why not hook it up all in my room and test it against what I have?

I'm in the process of moving a lot of crap out of my room (haven't really unpacked from college yet)...but when I do, I'll move it all in. Note that this is a small, 11x15 room, so nothing is really going to be pushed to its limit to be loud.

So, to lay out exactly what I'm going to test:

- M22's vs M60's as mains - A/B testing with music and movies
- QS4's vs QS8's as surrounds - testing with movies and music in surround modes
- HSU STF-2 vs SVS 16-46 PCi in movies and music
- Maybe a sound review of the Yamaha RX-V557 vs the HK AVR 247 if people want me to

Everything will have the same interconnects, if that matters.

This will all be run from my RX-V557 with my computer as a source via SPDIF. I have music in FLAC format.

The tests I plan to do are this:

M22's with sub vs M60's with sub
M22's with sub vs M60's without sub
M22's without sub vs M60's without sub

QS4's vs QS8's with surround materials

HSU STF-2 vs SVS 16-46 PCi paired with M22's for music
HSU STF-2 vs SVS 16-46 PCi during a movie with M22's

I'm sure this probably will be interesting to some people...the only matchup I really don't have is the VP100 vs VP150. Unfortunate.

Since this is for the benefit of others (I guess for the fun of it myself, too) I'd like to open it up to people if they want me to test anything specifically before I set this all up and take it down. Let me know if any of you are interested in the HK AVR 247 vs the RX-V557 in terms of sound and I'll see what I can do to cram it in here to do one big test. The testing will be done probably starting tonight through tomorrow.

Of course, everything will be well documented and I'll have lots of pictures!

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2