Thanks Ken and John. I'll have to do some pondering. I should post a pic of my system where you'll see I've exhausted places to put stuff. I have a 61 inch tv, below it is the denon on the left and two directv hd-dvr's (one on top of the other, but fans on the hr-20 since it runs hot), then the shelf below has a monster sansui 9001 (big and wide) with my buffalo bridge thingy next to it and one hi-rez pioneer dvd player with one panamax setup to the right of the 9001, then sitting on the floor beneath those are a 200 and 300 disc cd-changers daisy chained. To the left of that video type lovan furniture is a short rack with a rega tt on top, an oppo 981 under it, and next shelf has a cd-4 demodulator(for quad), a bellari phono amp, one dbx snr1 (noise reduction for front quad channels), then below that is an akai cr80dss quad 8 track player, next shelf is the other snr-r for rears and a technics Q8 player, and sitting on the floor (unfortunately, but they work) are two dbx 400 switcher boxes (again for quad sources). Whew!! And to fill out the room, to either side are the beautiful awesome M80s which are then flanked by klipsch la scalas (used with sansui and quad sources) with the left la scala having a marantz quad tt atop it! I guess if I had accessible pics, they would have been worth a thousand words! Sorry for the overload. So, as you can see, I would have had no problem adding another receiver or whatever and actually have a yamaha receiver in the attic that came just before hdmi. But space is always the problem. What are your opinions on the benefits of 7.1 as opposed to 5.1? I wonder if I should just carry a boom box outside, but it was fun having people over and listening to xm or whatever through attached outdoor speakers. Decisions, decisions! Thanks again for continued input. While I'm having a hard time adapting, it is good to know that there are not any comparably priced receivers that would do what I want. And I do know the denon sounds wonderful with the axioms. I just hope I wasn't penny wise and pound foolish and maybe should have saved up to buy the 4308 model or something. Of course, it may not do this either. Anyway, thanks for letting me enjoy the discussion.
Laura