So in the last couple of weeks I started playing Dance Dance Revolution again (DDR Universe and DDR Universe 2 for the Xbox 360) for exercise, as I don't really get my heart rate up... at all ever. I was getting so lethargic. I was long overdue for some form of exercise. It's actually working out really well. I know that as far as rhythm games go, DDR is pretty much dead, with Guitar Hero and Rock Band taking all of the business, but with my natural lack of rhythm, I would have to get some benefit from playing, so DDR it is.

I played semi-regularly on my original Xbox. I can already tell that the same level of mastery is all I can hope for, especially on the crappy cheap pads that come with the games. I keep hoping Red Octane will release a new version of their foam pad that will work with the 360, but no dice so far. They're killing me, they really are. If anyone knows of another brand that's worth buying that works with the 360, let me know.

I've already lost several pounds, with some tightening in KEY AREAS, and along with my spastic arm exercises in between songs, it's made a noticeable improvement in my appearance. Like, I'm getting a lot more girls saying hi and looking at me at work. It could just be a coincidence, but I believe it's my video game hotness drawing their stares.

So consider this another testimonial for the effectiveness of video games as a workout. \:\) For people who may not be able to find the motivation to exercise in other ways, you may try it in the form of a game like this. I have trouble finding other activities that I'll do. They're usually too public for my liking, so this works for me.